READ ME!!! RE: Next round games out west.

Former Champ

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

'I'm a little excited, and I'm a little drunk,

I'm trying not to be, very very loud."

It's pretty catchy and quickly became my battle march for the rest of the night. (A good Canadian post goal chant, I'd say)

Word.

Pretty catchy, only if you're drunk!

Funny how things can seem better than they are when you're drunk.....

:D

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

Always true, but we sang A LOT in Kingston. Really, we kept it going for most of the match(es) with no problem. As K-head says...as long as there are Southsiders there to lead the way (as the Ultras did in Kingston) I think we'll have some purty tunes.

But the singing will be limited to us lot, and therefore I concede the point to your English chums. There's no way will see 20,000 people in Commonwealth signing anything.

You can actually hear the chants when watching the games on TV. I watched the second game in Kingston on TV and, althought the supporters section was much smaller for that game, you could still be heard. Hence we do add ambiance. It don't think we come across apathetic since even 20 people can be heard and add to the ambiance IMO. But I must admit when you hear certain chants on TV such as the " Who's your father referee" refrain you get a different perspective on it ( compared to when you re actually there participating ). Knowing that TV viewers accross the country can hear it. Since watching on TV, I have been having second thoughts about ever participating in that chant in the future.

• 2 months later...
quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Another odd Canuck song I heard on a British TV show:

Artist: Sam Roberts

Album: We Were Born In A Flame

Title: The Canadian Dream

First stanza is innocent enough, but then it gets all pinko...

Yes, it would seem "pinko" to the very country hell-bent on giving George Bush the lap-dance of his life. Come on England, get some nuts like you used to have!! (Actually, I think I'm confusing reckless Imperialism with courage, my mistake.)

Vive le Sam Roberts!!!

Archived