CSA Media Conference Scheduled in Edmonton....

The Canadian Soccer Association - l'Association canadienne de soccer

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MEDIA ADVISORY

Media Conference Scheduled for Wednesday, June 23rd in Edmonton

Ottawa, Ontario - The Canadian Soccer Association will hold a media conference on Wednesday, June 23rd at 11:30 a.m. on the main floor of Edmonton City Hall to release information about the World Cup Qualifying game on September 4th at Edmonton’s Commonwealth Stadium.

Information on events surrounding the game as well as ticket prices and purchasing opportunities will also be made available.

Canadian Men’s World Cup Team Head Coach Frank Yallop will be present along with representatives of CIBC (CSA Diamond Sponsor), the local organizing committee, and the local Edmonton soccer community.

WHEN: Wednesday, June 23, 2004

TIME: 11:30 a.m.

WHERE: Edmonton City Hall - Main Floor Foyer

WHO: Frank Yallop - Men’s World Cup Team Head Coach

Mike Traficante - President of the Alberta Soccer Association

Mario Charpentier - Edmonton Minor Soccer Association

Kevin Montgomery - CIBC District Vice-President, Edmonton

NOTE: Numerous photo opportunities will be available

R.S.V.P. Alison Bresver

Public Relations Coordinator

NK Public Relations

alison@nkpr.net

A light lunch will be served following the press conference

Please see the attached news release for details.

CSA Communications Department

Phone: (613) 237-7678 ext. 242

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

anyone from Edmonton attending the conferance ??? It would be good to see the V there make some noise :) an cause some RUCKUS !!!!

Just to let you know that I have been placed on the media list to go to the conference in Edmonton tomorrow. I will do a report later on this thread.

Are there any particular issues you guys want me to try to resolve

, besides:

1. Whether the WNT match will be a part of a doubleheader with the WCQ or whether the "Sept. 4, 2005" in the CSA website calendar is a typo.

2. When the tickets will go on sale, and in which manner.

No cucumbers will be smuggled in my meself, the Edmonton City Police are especially wary about attack fruit (cucumbers are technically a fruit) being brought into City Hall.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Regimental Seargent Major: Harrison, Mr. Harrison. Come at me with that banana then. Come on attack me with it. As hard as you like. Come on. (Harrison moves towards him rather half-heartedly) No no no. Put something into it for God's sake. Hold it, like that. Scream. Now come on, come on...attack me, come on, come on (Harrison runs towards him shouting; RSM draws a revolver and fires it, right in Harrison's face; Harrison dies immediately, falling to the ground; RSM puts gun away and walks to banana) Now...I eat the banana.

He does so; the rest of the class gather around Mr Harrison's body

All You shot him. He's dead...dead. He's completely dead. You've shot him.

RSM (finishing the banana) I have now eaten the banana. The deceased Mr Apricot is now disarmed.

Second Man You shot him. You shot him dead.

RSM Well, he was attacking me with a banana.

Third Man Well, you told him to.

RSM Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourselves against fresh fruit. [:o)]

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

1. Whether the WNT match will be a part of a doubleheader with the WCQ or whether the "Sept. 4, 2005" in the CSA website calendar is a typo.

no need to ask that beachesl ... [c/p from my other post] the CSA and the German Federation have an agreement that stipulate the number of games ... on all levels (sr. team / u19 etc) ... here's the CSA PR about the agreement from the beginning of the year: http://canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=1590 ... it clearly outlines the two games will be in 2005.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

No sharp, pointed stick? What if they came at you with a sharp, pointed stick?

Second Man You promised you wouldn't do fruit this week.

RSM What do you mean?

Third Man We've done fruit the last nine weeks.

RSM What's wrong with fruit? You think you know it all, eh?

Second Man But couldn't we do something else, for a change?

Fourth Man Like someone who attacks you with a pointed stick?

RSM (scornfully) Pointed sticks? Ho, ho, ho. We want to learn how to defend ourselves against pointed sticks, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me! Now, the passion fruit. When your assailant lunges at you with a passion fruit, thus... (demonstrates)

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Who are you representing ???

"The Edmonton Monty Python and Aviator's Supporters Other Fortnightly Newsletter and Toilet Roll"

...Northboy's Magazine refused to have anything to do with me...something about "not trusting anybody over 30".

Archived