If Canada played ...

Jarrek

my pub team on the hackney marshes probably could have strolled out winners over belize...i don't think canadian fans are quite at the stage where we should be thinking ahead of this autumn's WC qualifiers...i suppose after going 6-0-0 in those matches, we might start contemplating beating the ukraine or venezuela.

I'm all for playing above our head....

Folks...easy now, it was Belize. There was a lot to be happy about, not the least of which was the fact that Radz was seemingly happy and committed to the cause. If we are to have a prayer, we need him.

After watching the two games I'm a lot more confident about our chances against Honduras ; I'm not quite ready to take on England.

Australia, Venezuela and Ukraine would be a good challenge and I'd welcome a Friendly against any of those teams. They are better, but not so much better that we couldn't have a good go and maybe get a result.

Every time we play a 'second tier' Euro side we get a little bit better, regardless of the results. It would be nice to be ranked 50-60th in the world (where we probably belong) but I'll take growth over pure results any day. How much did we really gain in the Belize series? Other than a couple cards I can't think of much....

I say more Euro Friendlies! Latvia would be fun....

As for 'tier one' Euro team and he English in particular...I'd rather wait to play them in Germany after we have had time to grow and gel as a team.

Archived