GTA shut out of soccer games

Jarrek

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Claude Robillard on October 13 against Costa Rica makes sense

I don't know how other Montrealers feel about this, but Daniel has mentioned that it wouldn't be a good idea to play the Costa Rica or Guatemala matches in Montreal if we're looking to limit away team support.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

As far as not playing in the GTA, I don't know why anyone's surprised about the new stadium not being our base.

I don't think anyone's talking about it being or not being our base. Personally I don't think any city should be our base (where "base" here means "city where we play most or all of our matches", as opposed to the CSA's definition of "base", which is unclear to me but is currently being used in the context of Vancouver). And I don't think we should have "a national stadium". We definitely need to move the team around if we want supporters from all over the country.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

In talking about the surface at the TO stadium.

If the stadium is to be used for athletics as well, why would they consider FieldTurf?

On a recent Fox Sports World Report, Bobby McMahon said that someone from U of T said that it would be FieldTurf and the only athletics that the stadium would be used for would be the track events. This never came out officially, of course.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Didn't they do that in Edmonton during the infamous T&T qualifier in 2000?
Yes, Rudi is right, at that game in Edmonton there were steel drums and everything. The thing is, it's not the city that is responsible for these things, it's the CSA. Wherever matches are held, it's up to the CSA to help create a pro-Canada atmosphere.

Noooooo, this is not a bash T-O post.Unusual as it is for me.

Some-one brought up petty regionalism . This I agree with when it comes to the rare times our MNT plays on Canada we should just embrace the times we have . The CSA should also spread the few games around as a matter of policy.

Sadly the times seem now to be Toronto vs ( to borrow that phrase from the 80's and 90's ) RoC .......Rest of Canada .

Run, here comes a constitutional conference. I saw Trudeau at a Tim Horton's or was that Jimmy Hoffa :D

i think its up to pro canada supporters to buy tickets and out cheer those that cheer for the other team no matter where the game is. ANd if it doesn't happen lets tip out hats off to those with the passion to bring steel drums.

And I'm hoping that one day we have the type of player on our MNT that isn't affected by 300 Arubians chatting loudly.

Archived