rival to MLS

snake

i have heard bits and pieces about the anti-trust suit against MLS and its THREE owners.apparently their league is a monopoly defined under u.s.law.can you imagine paying 10 million to three owners,its ludicrous i cant believe fifa has been so quiet on the issue.two teams playing for a national championship with one owner owning both teams is as they say "only in america".its doomed to failure,so what i am suggesting is a rival league a reborn NASL.(without a 10 million fee)

I'm pretty sure there are FOUR owners in MLS ;)

Robert Kraft - New England

Phil Anschutz - LA Galaxy, DC United, Chicago Fire, San Jose Earthquakes, Metrostars

Lamar Hunt - Columbus Crew, KC Wizards, Dallas Burn

Stan Kroenke - Colorado Rapids

at least the MLS have 4 to 5 owners that are willing to put their monies where their mouth is. americano boys are getting paid to play soccer for a living t/o the short summer months b/w 20-60,000 coin plus bonuses. there is the odd exception to 2-3 players who rec' 150-400,000 coin (not bad).

each team carries an avg. of 1,400,000 coin for soccer in the usa!!!

on top of that, look how far the americano boys have gained at the last WC tourney.

where is Canada at??? A-League Baby!!!! go LYNX go!!!!

Americans are stupid, if they do not support this venture with all the monies backing it up for stability.

bring a rival league??? what for ??????? to kill the sport even further, after it has made some sort of headway into the american mainstream.

you want a rival league w/o the 10mill fee, well, get an A-League franchise going.

I have to agree with franky on this one. Lets face it, MLS is not a world class premier league.....but its a very good developmental league that's done wondersfor american soccer... A rival league would do nothing but water-down the talent pool and make for lower attendance figures around the leagues

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I'm pretty sure there are FOUR owners in MLS ;)

Robert Kraft - New England

Phil Anschutz - LA Galaxy, DC United, Chicago Fire, San Jose Earthquakes, Metrostars

Lamar Hunt - Columbus Crew, KC Wizards, Dallas Burn

Stan Kroenke - Colorado Rapids

Can we add:

Vergara - Chivas USA

Club America - Club America USA.

Archived