Canadian Goal Scoring List.....

Sportsnet listed the goalscorers, but had Corazzin listed at 10. The CSA hasn't updated since November 18, which means Carlo's goal vs Barbados wasn't counted. That puts Corazzin still one up on Pesch.

I imagine this list could change significantly after the next Belize match:

Catliff - 19

Mitchell - 19

Bunbury - 16

Vrablic - 11

Corazzin - 11

Peschisolido - 10

McKenna - 7

Parsons - 7

Radzinski - 6

Stalteri - 6

Brennan - 4

Berdusco - 4

Derosario -3

Devos - 3

Mobilio -3

Watson - 3

Bold - Active Players

Catliff - 19

Mitchell - 19

Bunbury - 16

Vrablic - 11

Corazzin - 11

Peschisolido - 10

McKenna - 7

Parsons - 7

Radzinski - 6

Stalteri - 6

Brennan - 4

Berdusco - 4

Derosario -3

Devos - 3

Mobilio -3

Watson - 3

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Does anybody think any of those bolded players (or any other current national teamer) have a chance of catching Catliff and Mitchell?

I'm betting not, although a hat-trick tomorrow by one of our current leaders could go a long way.

I think Radzinski has the best chance, but he isn't getting any younger and is still a long way off.

Believe it or not, McKenna could also make a strong challenge. He has many years ahead of him and has a nose for goal.

One thing that is surprising is that Mobilio has only 3 goals, despite the fact he was long considered our most dangerous forward.

Since coming back into the National team fold Radzinski has been scoring at a rate of 0.71 goals per game. Assuming that he plays at least 20 games before retiring and he keeps up his pace, he will add another 14 goals to his 6 goal tally eclipsing the mark set by Catliff and Mitchell. Same could be said for Pesch.

Malta 2 Canada 1 Rad 0

Swiss 1 Canada 3 Rad 2

Scots 3 Canada 1 Rad 0

Fins 3 Canada 2 Rad 1

Czech 5 Can 1 Rad 1

Ire 3 Can 0 Rad 0

Can 4 Belize 0 Rad 1

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Since coming back into the National team fold Radzinski has been scoring at a rate of 0.71 goals per game. Assuming that he plays at least 20 games before retiring and he keeps up his pace, he will add another 14 goals to his 6 goal tally eclipsing the mark set by Catliff and Mitchell. Same could be said for Pesch.

I definetly can't see Pesch reaching the 20 goal mark.

Pesch is only 9 goals away, and is known for having multiple goal games at the club level. After tommorrow's game versus Belize I believe we'll be able to make a better prediction if the 19 goal mark could be broken by some of the current nats. You're right though, for some reason even though Radzinski has four less goals, Tomasz's goals per game is better then Pesch's.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Pesch is only 9 goals away, and is known for having multiple goal games at the club level.

Yes, at the club level, but not for Canada. Pesch has never mirrored his prolific goal scoring for Canada that he has for his clubs.

Unlike Rad, who has not played much for Canada, Pesch has numerous caps and has taken a long time to reach the 10 goal mark.

McKenna has the best chance of the current MNT players, in my opinion. He has a long career ahead of him. He'll likely be playing center back for us well into his thirties (taking on DeVos' role after he retires), and even if he no longer plays as a center forward, he'll still knock in a few on set pieces. Say what you will about his pace and ball skills, he is simply amazing at redirecting air balls into the net.

quote:Originally posted by Joe Concacaf

You know, Bunbury could have been the leader if he kept playing for Canada until the end of his career. I believe he played his last game for Canada in 1997, but played in the MLS until 2000.

Alex is my all-time favourite. He was our lone threat up-front and usually had 3 defenders draped over him. He was also consistently one of the top 5 goalscorers in the Portuguese first Division, but still came to play with Canada, even though we were knocked out.

Too bad he didn't hit the 20 mark, it would have been fully deserved.

It's also too bad he isn't involved in some capacity with our current national team.

Here is the up-to-date list reflecting today's goal scoring:

Catliff - 19

Mitchell - 19

Bunbury - 16

Vrablic - 11

Corazzin - 11

Peschisolido - 10

McKenna - 7

Parsons - 7

Radzinski - 7

Stalteri - 6

Derosario -5