Banners

hamiltonfan

When I was watching the Canada vs. Belize game I noticed the lack of www.canadian-soccer.com or The Voyageurs. I saw the Northern Boys banner so if i was a new fan I would just go to google and find them but for us there was nothing. I think it would help make our group bigger if we add www.canadian-soccer.com to the bottom of all the banners. The more people see the site address the better.

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

anyone else see the nice new baaners..one say "CANADIAN-SOCCER.COM and the other "VOYAGEURS"?? Great job guys

The Voyageurs banner is an old one, and it was there on Sunday but it wasn't as visible as it was on Wednesday.

Nice job on the new one, Mimglow (I assume you're responsible for it).

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Moonturk and I painted it in the parking lot before the match. Happy it turned out. We were concerned the "Canadian" would be too small.

Hmm, well, it may have been a little squished. Afterwards I asked a friend who watched the game and didn't know the URL beforehand (hence a better test than us) if he saw the banner. He said that it was difficult to read "canadian" and thought it might be "cndn" or some such thing (especially when the camera was panning back and forth, I guess, because the close-ups seemed much better to me). But even then, anyone who's interested won't have a problem figuring it out at their browser.

Is this banner going to be used again? If so then maybe that part can be done over? If not then I hope someone will do another one for use at future games.

Not complaining, just constructive criticism. A pretty darn good job for a parking lot before the match!

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Hmm, well, it may have been a little squished. Afterwards I asked a friend who watched the game and didn't know the URL beforehand (hence a better test than us) if he saw the banner. He said that it was difficult to read "canadian" and thought it might be "cndn" or some such thing (especially when the camera was panning back and forth, I guess, because the close-ups seemed much better to me). But even then, anyone who's interested won't have a problem figuring it out at their browser.

Is this banner going to be used again? If so then maybe that part can be done over? If not then I hope someone will do another one for use at future games.

Not complaining, just constructive criticism. A pretty darn good job for a parking lot before the match!

Actually Mimglow and I were discussing this last night on ride home. We will redo the first part of the banner so it's easier to read the CANADIAN part of it.

On another note, a lot of people came up to different Voyageurs last night and were asking questions about us, the website, oh and the cucumbers too ;)

Archived