Radzinski submits transfer request

shaku_bert

Monkeys on an Everton board say that Radz has handed in a transfer request.

Radz seems to be a well spoken guy as per the sound bites they had during the game. I wonder if he would do better in a good team in a less competitive league (i.e. his days in Belgium). I could see him being more of a force in that kind of scenario.

Radzinski requests exit

From BBC SPORT (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/3805949.stm)

Everton striker Tomasz Radzinski is set to leave Goodison Park after he handed in a transfer request. Radzinski is unhappy about only being offered a one-year extension to his contract and wants to quit the club.

Radzinski said: "The contract offered was only for one year, which would have left me in the same spot next season." An Everton spokesman added: "We have received a written transfer request from Tomasz. Manager David Moyes will consider the matter later in the week."

The Canadian international joined the Toffees three years ago from Anderlecht for £4.5m. He has attracted interest from Fulham, Blackburn and Portsmouth and looks likely to stay in the Premiership.

I'd hate to see him go to Pompey (seeing as I am a Saints supporter and we are supposed to hate all thing Portsmouth). Wonder why Birmingham haven't come in for him. Outside of Forsell, they seem thin on strikers (but Radz is probably too much like Forsell).

Now that I think about, he would probably be a good fit at portsmuff. He is quick and talented while his partner in Yakubu (sp?) is a big strong lump. They'd play well off each other.

As a Toffee fan, I made it a point to ask Radz the other day about his contract situation.

I told him he had done a lot for the club and at his age and with his record, I understood his point of wanting more than just a one-year extension. He was very well spoken and told me "no one knows but at the moment, he's still an Everton player." Deep in my heart though, I didn't quite "buy" his effort of trying to make me feel better... ...

I am not one bit surprised with his transfer request.

He is still speedy and in his prime. A mid-table team can definately use him. I would say he at least has 2-3 good years left in the top level.

The headline on the article above has changed. Sky Sports also reports the same.

Radzinski request rejected

Everton have rejected Tomasz Radzinski's transfer request.

The Canadian international striker was unhappy about only being offered a one-year extension to his contract and wants to quit the club.

Radzinski said: "The contract offered was only for one year, which would have left me in the same spot next season."

The Canadian international joined the Toffees three years ago from Anderlecht for £4.5m and has attracted interest from Fulham, Blackburn and Portsmouth.

An Everton club spokesman confirmed on Monday night that the Toffees had rejected the transfer request.

Birmingham is unlikely to be interested in T-Rad. They've just picked up Emile Heskey and also re-signed Stern John to a one-year deal. Plus, they've got the Irish international, Clinton Morrison -- and, of course, Mikael Forssell, their top striker, who's on another one-year loan deal from Chelsea (Chelsea have the option of taking Forssell back during the January transfer period). BTW, the club released Christian Dugarry, who at the end of May signed a one-year deal to play in Qatar.

Didn't Radz's agent(incognito) float this balloon last christmas?

Anyway, watch me over complicate this one...

This is the most mature and intelligent move Tomasz Radzinski has ever displayed. It show a personal confidense after a forgettable '03-04 campain which dose nothing but heighten his esteem in my eyes.

He's played good soilder while a parade of strikers have come (and some gone) through Goodison. Seen his game time reduced (Rooney's development, return of other players from injury). And likely turned down approachs from other clubs last nightmare season to stay with Everton. And now, all he wants is a multi-year deal. I'm sure two years would be fine.

Moyes dosen't have a choice. He can't keep Toffee if Toffee dosen't want to stay. He'll be gone to a new club by New Years. Will get a multi-year deal to go and Everton will get less and less for him as the situation drags on. As it is he's not worth a hell of a lot with one year left on his deal. But you never know. There'll be some desperate clubs soon enough after the EPL season kicks off. Chances are Everton is going to be one of them.

This is going to be great viewing! Moyes is pretty popular but a bit dodgy when dealing with some players. And he's been snookered.

Radz. is pretty fu'king popular himself. All he's asking for is a little display of loyalty. The same loyalty he's expected to display from his employer. So as far as he's concearned it's fish or cut bait time at Goodison. And he's showing he's got balls enough to catch the first troller up the Mersey if Moyes wants to sit on the pier.

Great stuff!!

Everton has been burned signing players at Radz's age to long term deals. (ie kevin campbell and duncan ferguson). I think Radz still has 2-3 good years left, but Kenwright has had enough and he won't sign 30 soemthing players to big multi-year deals anymore

I heard Blackburn has been on Radz's heels and I know they have been looking for a forward or 2. As a life-long Toffee fan, I don't think they are gonna get much for him anyways IF they do sell him, consider that he only has a year left in his contract. 1 million pounds is not gonna compare much to the dire consequence of getting relegated. No doubt about it, the club NEEDS Radz in his best and most of the fans would love to have him back. God forbid we don't have much threat outside Rooney and we need to keep quality players like Radz... ...but at the same time, I do understand people's worries about giving a 30 something year's old a multi-year contract.

However, Radz has been good for the club, played good on the field, has speed and provides another dimension besides scoring... ...we NEED him cos' everyone knows Campbell and Ferguson are both declining.

Archived