Lynx preview against Rochester (from Lynx)

TORONTO LYNX MEDIA RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LYNX LAST MATCH UP AGAINST THE RHINOS IN 2004!

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 (TORONTO, ON) – Having split the results of their first two matches of the season, the Lynx and Rhinos will meet for the third and final time of the season this Friday, June 4th @ 7:35 pm at Frontier Field in Rochester. While the Rhinos won their first battle against the Lynx with a 4-0 victory on May 1st, the Lynx rebounded handsomely at Centennial Park Stadium for the Lynx home opener on May 16th with a 2-1 thriller! Lynx fans who cannot make the trip to Rochester will be able to catch the game live via webcast at www.wysl1040.com this Friday.

LYNX HOST EXPANSION TEAM THE PUERTO RICO ISLANDERS!

The Toronto Lynx will host the expansion team, the Puerto Rico Islanders for their annual Fiesta Latina Night which is sponsored by torontohispano.com adding more Latin heat to this annual theme. The Islanders are making their first ever trip to Toronto and will be looking for their first A-League victory. In their first meeting in San Juan, the Islanders dropped a 1-0 overtime decision to the Lynx in their inaugural home opener on April 17th. Lynx fans will also be regaled with dynamic Latin entertainment by various Latin Dance troupes and meet the lovely Miss Hispanidad as she performs the celebrity kickoff. Ricky Franco, a new Latin sensation, will also be on hand to perform the National Anthems. On the field, the Lynx are coming off back-to-back losses to the powerful Montreal Impact and sit at 2-5-0 on the season.

CROATIAN STRIKER JOINS ROSTER

The Lynx added some offensive punch to their lineup over the weekend with the signing of Croatian striker, Jure Pavic. Pavic joins the Lynx on a loan agreement with Toronto Croatia of the CPSL allowing him to take part in his first A-League action of his career playing 37 minutes as a substitute over the two matches against the Impact. “Since I came to Canada nine months ago, it has been my goal to play with the Lynx,” said Pavic. “Since the Lynx are the highest level of soccer in Canada, I am very excited for the opportunity and hope I can help the team in any way possible”.

-30-

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:

DAVID NUTT -- MEDIA RELATIONS, TORONTO LYNX

416-251-4625, extension 30

Archived