May 30 - Edmonton-Minnesota (R)

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

I have to admit I'm very disappointed by the high ticket prices. I'm almost ashamed to ask any of my "casual fan" buddies to come with me to the games at $20 a pop. That's way too much in my opinion. I was thinking around $12.

Wonder how long it'll take for them to realize that that's too steep.. and if it'll be too late to draw all the fans they've missed.

As a mental comparison, the Trappers charge the following..

Game Day Ticket Prices:

Adult Youth/Senior

Grandstand $11.00 $8.00

General Admission $8.00 $5.00

I dunno the ins and outs of business models of AAA Baseball and A-League Soccer... but I can say that most people will make the mental comparison regardless.

Triple AAA baseball doesn't have to worry about salaries and most travel costs. Those have to be picked up a the parent MLB club. So the Trappers can afford to have cheaper tickets.

Yet that doesn't seem to help them in the stands.

quote:the question to be asked is how does the rest of the A-League afford to have cheaper tickets than the Aviators?

Quite a simple answer. The cost of renting a facility like Commonwealth Stadium is much higher then let's say renting Centennial Dump for a day.

Maybe.

Couldn't get details from the City or the Club as to the cost. The City does own Commonwealth, and operates it at a loss. They usually work out very agreeable rent with teams like the Esks, and I assume the same occurs (or could occur) with the Av's. So, with respect, it's not such a simple answer, unless the Av's office wants to share the details. But, you can assume that the use of the Commonwealth Stadium is significantly subsidized.

Of course it's not such a simple answer. Because if we are to assume that just because the stadium is huge the cost of stadium rental must be huge so therefore ticket prices should be then why aren't the ticket prices huge in Calgary? Why does Seattle play in such a huge stadium when there are plenty of smaller option available if rental is so high?

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Of course it's not such a simple answer. Because if we are to assume that just because the stadium is huge the cost of stadium rental must be huge so therefore ticket prices should be then why aren't the ticket prices huge in Calgary? Why does Seattle play in such a huge stadium when there are plenty of smaller option available if rental is so high?

Are the other venues good or just plain crap?

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

Are the other venues good or just plain crap?

Memorial was crap but at least now the stadium has FieldTurf. Also the new Fort Dent stadium in Seattle could beexpanded to 4000 seats (all Seattle needs). Thats a socer only stadium. However I believe they are getting a good deal from Seahawk stadium. Otherwise why woould they stay?

Archived