Fartey Owls

beachesl

Girlfriend won't let me spring for the extra cable to see any soccer matches for the next few weeks. Sigh.

It is in moments of withdrawl like this that I ponder the inumerables in this universe of ours. Like... why does matthew seem so strung ut in his posts, why does amacpherson think he is a latina trapped in an waspmale body, why do some posters semmed obsessed about bananas and why do the posters with hyphen-ated hand-les all seem so anally repressed?

"Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it. So it's all forgotten now and let's hear no more about it. So that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Herman Goering and four Colditz salads....no, wait a minute...I got confused because everyone keeps mentioning the war."

So to start the diversions, how about this...Ed: is it true that you used to do unspeakable things when Suzanne Sommers was flouncing around TV in "Threes Company"? Or do you only get excited about OH in phone booths?

I have no reason to get excited one way or the other over a TV show I saw 20 years ago. And don't worry, I think you have more class than the arse who went after Dwayne Gareau using my name.

I haven't slept in days.

I can't even buy drugs to keep me awake

You can't get good emphetimines in Moose Jaw

No one here wants to be conscious for that many consecutive hours.

The picture 'Right after Val smoked the spliff' (Google Image it) is gone.

But I can still see it.

And who knew Ford Prefect was black?

I will be more assertive.......If that's allright with you? Or not? Maybe?

Since when did double cream mean with sugar !

Do I have a sign on my forehead that reads make 200 more pots before ringing me through!

But that's fine , I understand

OOPS , I thought you said a SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY thread.

How do you spell ; milquetoast ?

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

No more big matches until the Belize thingy in Queenston and the Euro thingy in Portugal. Sigh.

I wouldn't say that. Brasil x Argentina, June 2; Boca x River, June 9; Euro u-21 championships now until June 8; Plus tonnes of friendlies in preparation for Euro 2004 (normally I wouldn't give a crap about int'l friendlies, but the ones leading right up to a major tournament are a different story altogether).

I would say the next two weeks have far more "bigger" matches than the previous month. [8D]

Hey I still watch Fawlty Towers today, picked up the episodes on DVD recently with some good extras (though the commentary for the first season is probably one of the most disgusting commentaries I've ever heard, it is mainly Producer John Howard Davies breathing heavily throughout.

Not sure if this is such a dead time for this thread but you're playing those mind-games together though "MindGame" the direct-to-video spin-off was probably the worst thing I've ever had the misfortune to witness though I'm off to lunch soon and this time will never come again, so says Peter Hammill though he's not sure.

Look, I did not come here to start an argument but really, when the banana goes out the window what else can an unexploded Scotsman do?

Now that we have established the true facts I will be personally inspecting every last townhouse, henhouse and outhouse in a five-mile radius with checkpoints here, here and here. Oh, sorry, this is text only, I will point louder. HERE, HERE and HERE!

Help, I'm being repressed. No I'm not.

WHAT is FA complaining about? At least he got to TALK to Franky. He didn't even answer MY calls, even the one I didn't make collect. That does it, I will never play for Canada again!

By the way. Anybody want to contribute some real money to get me out of this fowl backwater?

quote:Originally posted by dith

WHAT is FA complaining about? At least he got to TALK to Franky. He didn't even answer MY calls, even the one I didn't make collect. That does it, I will never play for Canada again!

By the way. Anybody want to contribute some real money to get me out of this fowl backwater?

This is the worst thread ever! Darn PortageLaPrairieHissyfit for bringing it to a head, that nasty devil's advocate.

M, if you want to delete anything you have said in this thread, just say the word (you can email me, or one of the other moderators directly, or perhaps you can do it through Geoffrey.) Like I said, sometimes in the heat of the moment people say things that burn bridges, and they later regret it. We're talking about the WORLD CUP here. Or, at least the Gold Cup.

Geoffrey, if you and M agree with this, then maybe you should also edit the message where you report on your conversation with M as well.

Archived