Voyageurs Descend on Kingston

Mimglow

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to know if my group is the only one staying in Kingston on the Saturday night. If not, we should all meet somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know in which hotel Canada will be staying?

I might end up going to Kingston a little bit early. I'd love to be there Saturday evening, but at the very least I'll be leaving nice and early on Sunday so that we'll have time to get together before the match,

On another note, I managed to track down directions to Richardson:

From the 401, exit at Sir John A Macdonald Blvd. (exit 615) and drive South to Johnson Street (after approximately 7-8 mintues). Turn right at the lights (to head west) and the entrance to Richardson Stadium (also leading to the North Field, West Field and East Field) appears on the left hand side. The North Field appears immediately on the left hand side, the stadium is directly ahead.

map.gif

It now looks like I'm coming. So first question is: does anyone in Toronto have space for one more to go to Kingston on the 13th?

Question two: if not, does anyone need a ride, because I'll have space in my rental car.

Question three: Is anyone going to the second leg? I'd still be in Toronto, but if we've got things well in hand, I may not rent another car and make the drive again. We shall see.

I'm super excited now. There better still be tickets left when I call tomorrow.

cheers,

matthew

Great to hear you are coming Matthew. There are a couple of mini-vans coming out of Toronto (though I will not be driving or be in either one) so I suspect there may be room there for a lift. You'll need to check with Free Kick & Torontosupport.com for details. I don't know if there will be any room in my car for the first match but there's probably a better chance of it for the 2nd match (of which I and I suspect most of the Ultra's are going to, though none of us have bought tickets for it yet).

Let me know how the ticket hunt goes.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

It now looks like I'm coming. So first question is: does anyone in Toronto have space for one more to go to Kingston on the 13th?

Question two: if not, does anyone need a ride, because I'll have space in my rental car.

Question three: Is anyone going to the second leg? I'd still be in Toronto, but if we've got things well in hand, I may not rent another car and make the drive again. We shall see.

I'm super excited now. There better still be tickets left when I call tomorrow.

cheers,

matthew

I Have one of the minivans reserved. I am quite centrally located and if you want I can hold a spot for you. I'll send you an email

There's two of us actually and I think I might just rent a car. They're fairly cheap. I might take someone up for Wednesday though. I'll decide in a week or so if I'm going to go to both legs.

I'll be in Toronto for a week if people feel like catching some Euro04 and a pint or two. I'm pretty sure I'll NXNE'd out after that weekend. I'll be staying in the Annex (I think that's the right word, north of College, near Bathurst).

I was worried about tickets, but the guy at the SOSA said there were quite a few tickets left for Sunday and when I asked 'so you still have some for Wednesday' he said 'oh yeah'. So I'm assuming there's still quite a few left for the second leg.

I just decided to go yesterday and work's been mental, so I'll try and formulate a plan by the weekend.

Thanks for the offers though guys.

cheers,

matthew

Hey Matthew, if you are in Toronto that week there is also a Lynx game on the Tuesday night, the day before 2nd Canada game. Actually there is also one the same day at the 1st Canada game but of course none of us are going to that one.

I've also booked that week off work with some of the vacation time that is owed to me. There was just too much soccer to watch (live & on tv) for work even to be a possibility.

Not to get off the soccer end of things, but who are you planning to see at NXNE?

I don't know if that's officially the Annex, but it's definitely in the vicinity.

Blair

There's two of us actually and I think I might just rent a car. They're fairly cheap. I might take someone up for Wednesday though. I'll decide in a week or so if I'm going to go to both legs.

I'll be in Toronto for a week if people feel like catching some Euro04 and a pint or two. I'm pretty sure I'll NXNE'd out after that weekend. I'll be staying in the Annex (I think that's the right word, north of College, near Bathurst).

I was worried about tickets, but the guy at the SOSA said there were quite a few tickets left for Sunday and when I asked 'so you still have some for Wednesday' he said 'oh yeah'. So I'm assuming there's still quite a few left for the second leg.

I just decided to go yesterday and work's been mental, so I'll try and formulate a plan by the weekend.

Thanks for the offers though guys.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

It sounds like a good time. Who are you going with Matthew ?

I'm going on my own. I will be crashing with my best friend who is up for the Canada game (his second soccer game since I dragged him to Millenium School Day at Varsity). I also have a female friend who is coming up from Ohio with another friend of hers.

Blair, now I was thinking NXNE would be great times, but the Ohio girls are only up for a few days and my offer to take them to 27 sweaty smokey club in three nights to see hundreds of loud bands was met with "why don't we go see Mama Mia instead" Yeah, that's going to happen. Hairspray might be a happy medium between our tastes. I might see if MC5 tix are doable the Thursday . . . I also have a friend who is pretty into the music scene (she was living with the Constantines, not sure if they're still on tour or not) so I was trusting her for a good idea of what's worth seeing at NXNE.

I can tell you Despistado from Regina (I think they're at the Horseshoe) is very, very good and could very well be on their way to big-ish things. Of course I'm not sure if I'd bother going to see them in Toronto. I can see them around here.

Fury> so yeah no one you'd know going with me, but I believe myself, Corey and my brother are talking a good game for Edmonton SWBB (should we beat Belize). Unfortauntely Corey's anniversary is that weekend and we'll see how his wife feels about him running away to watch soccer. I figure I can talk her into it.

cheers,

matthew

Fury> so yeah no one you'd know going with me, but I believe myself, Corey and my brother are talking a good game for Edmonton SWBB (should we beat Belize). Unfortauntely Corey's anniversary is that weekend and we'll see how his wife feels about him running away to watch soccer. I figure I can talk her into it.

cheers,

matthew

Believe it or not, the Kingston match was the one I really wanted to see, but the wife and I had a baby a couple months ago (Hell-spawn from the Whitecaps/Saskatoon weekend). I've never been to Canada's original capital and there's lot's of history and sites. Too bad, hopefully there will be more matches in Kingston in the future.

Edmonton is a distinct possibility. The wee one will be 7 months and should be ready for a full scale international. Consider me officially on stand-by.

Lads,

First post on here, having been viewing for a number of months.

Does anybody (Matthew, Freekick) have a spare seat for the trip to Kingston from the Toronto area for the 13th June?

If so, please can you e-mail me with details, so that I can finalise plans for that weekend.

Thanks,

Believe it or not, the Kingston match was the one I really wanted to see, but the wife and I had a baby a couple months ago (Hell-spawn from the Whitecaps/Saskatoon weekend).

Congrats on the baby, Fury!

Thanks, you will probably meet her in the next year at one of our matches.

Any chance Ottawa will get a match in the next round ? I've never been to the nation's capital.

Not much chance since all we've really got is Field Turf. I'm 95% certain of going to Edmonton for our qualifier against (probably) Honduras.

If the girls can have World Cup Qualifiers on Fieldturf, then why can't the men ?

There's no way this can continue for long. I expect the men will be playing in Ottawa in the not too distant future.

There's supposed to be a match in Edmonton this September. Is that the Honduras match you speak of ?

Archived