Yallop at Impact-Mariners

Daniel

Frank was apparently at the game.

Sutton was dominant in the air and inspires confidence. Otherwise, the only other Canadian which might have impressed is Antonio Ribeiro (at least he might be on the map now), who carries the ball upfield nicely and is apt to make some great passes. Most offensive actions came through him after he came on as a 2nd-half substitute.

Dino Cisto of CJAD interviewed Frank Yallop after the game and Yallop mentioned that he was impressed with Gervais, Sutton and DiTullio. He was quite impressed with Mauro Biello's game and he suggested or hinted that Mauro may again be a candidate for the MNT. He mentioned that he was going to put together a team made up of some North American players to play against Hearts and Millwall in Vancouver this July. I am sorry that I didn't catch all the interview because I was in the middle of heavy traffic at the time.

quote:Originally posted by Lennie

Dino Cisto of CJAD interviewed Frank Yallop after the game and Yallop mentioned that he was impressed with Gervais, Sutton and DiTullio. He was quite impressed with Mauro Biello's game and he suggested or hinted that Mauro may again be a candidate for the MNT. He mentioned that he was going to put together a team made up of some North American players to play against Hearts and Millwall in Vancouver this July. I am sorry that I didn't catch all the interview because I was in the middle of heavy traffic at the time.

Biello? He was useless and he hasn't done much for the past 2 years. He's our captain and we love him, but there's more deserving and promissing players.

Archived