best soccer movie

snake

quote:Now the question is how to get our hands on these videos or dvds

Not too complicated in some cases. Bend it Like Beckham is available everywhere on DVD. Victory is also on DVD. I saw it at Future Shop (in Montreal) for about $10. Gregory's Girl is available from Amazon.ca for about $13.The Cup plays on BRAVO about 3 times a year. Others are a little more difficult to find. Which title are you looking for specifically?

quote:Now the question is how to get our hands on these videos or dvds

Not too complicated in some cases. Bend it Like Beckham is available everywhere on DVD. Victory is also on DVD. I saw it at Future Shop (in Montreal) for about $10. Gregory's Girl is available from Amazon.ca for about $13.The Cup plays on BRAVO about 3 times a year. Others are a little more difficult to find. Which title are you looking for specifically?

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Yeah, but that's a d o c u m e n t a r y . About the 2nd last place Montserrat flying to Bhutan to play the then last place team of the Himalayas the same day as the WC2002 final match.

Yeah, I know that stuff, but I wanted to know if anyone had seen it and what they thought about it.

I have on tape a documentary about the 1994 WC final called The Final Kick (the title referring, of course, to Baggio's incredible PK miss). It's basically about people watching the WC around the world. They had cameras filming in about 40 different countries during the extent of that match.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Also, if you happen to spot the Cracker story "To Be a Somebody", pick it up. An all-star cast (Robbie Coltrane, Robert Carlyle and the aforementioned Christoper Eccleston and Ricky Tomlinson) in what is not exactly a typical soccer tale, but is a fictional tale spawned from the aftermath of the Hillsborough tragedy.

Is that the one where the guy is targeting cops because he blames them for the tragedy? If it is, I think my favourite part is when the cops come by his house and ask if he supports Liverpool, when he says no the cop asks if it is Everton. If I'm not mistaken doesn't the guy respond St. Helen's?

Very disturbing episode, but great.

quote:Originally posted by WildboutCdnScr

Is that the one where the guy is targeting cops because he blames them for the tragedy? If it is, I think my favourite part is when the cops come by his house and ask if he supports Liverpool, when he says no the cop asks if it is Everton. If I'm not mistaken doesn't the guy respond St. Helen's?

Very disturbing episode, but great.

Yes that's it. It sort of goes like that. They were looking for a Liverpool supporter so Jimmy Beck (the cop) asked him if he was one, Robert Carlyle lies and says Everton. Jimmy's response is "beats chemotherapy I suppose" as a bit of a harsh joke, because Carlyle had just told him he had cancer (though in truth his character had simply shaved his own head).

Robert Carlyle's character is trying to kill 96 people to get "revenge" for Hillsborough, against the cops, the Sun and several others...... what a great episode from a great series (too bad the Yanks had to go and make their own version of Cracker, which of course sucked big time).

I have that episode, both on DVD (Full first season) and on VHS.

Cracker was brilliant. Fitz, IMO, is still one of the best penned TV characters ever. In fact, I used to have one of his better one-liners as my signature on the old Ultras board:

- "You should have seen him, Fitz. He was just laying there, like vegtable!"

- "Oh, well he can't be that bad then, he was doing impressions!"

Just saw Shaolin Soccer today. What can I say but WOW! Very impressive special effects and a generally funny story. The soccer sequences are astounding but they don't follow the laws of soccer (or the laws of gravity for that matter). This is the kind of movie where imagination is the key. Think soccer game mixed with a Bugs Bunny cartoon mixed in with a sonic the Hedgehog video game sped up 1000 times and you've got Shaolin SOccer. A hell of a lot of fun.

Archived