Wales v. Canada on Sportsnet

Metro

Do we even know if Sportsnet are going to broadcast the Belize matches? There's been no announcement that I'm aware of and it's not like they don't know when & where the matches are going to be held.

Maybe the rest of Canada will have to rely on the Belize television feed for that match.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

A banner that reads: "Sportsnet: More Men's Coverage Please!!" might be more effective. Although I know you wrote it tongue in cheek.

Don't sugarcoat it. Sportsnet sucks. Say it loud, say it proud. Or, we could dress the men's national team up in Man Utd. kits and Sportsnet might pay attention. Maybe a sign depicting the Manure crest asking Sportsnet that if Canada puts this on their shirt will they get some attention.

quote:Originally posted by WildboutCdnScr

Don't sugarcoat it. Sportsnet sucks. Say it loud, say it proud. Or, we could dress the men's national team up in Man Utd. kits and Sportsnet might pay attention. Maybe a sign depicting the Manure crest asking Sportsnet that if Canada puts this on their shirt will they get some attention.

Not sugarcoating, just using the most effective means to the end. Supposing Sportsnet broadcasts the Belize matches, we would be fools to use our airtime in any other way but to show that we are great fans, and that when we go to a soccer match we have FUN.

Showing a bunch of bitter, crybaby fans to the general public does not help the Voyageurs cause.

I don't think our first home match in two years is the time to vent frustrations with Snet with banners and stuff. Let's get behind the boys. That's the point. However a word or two with the gentlemen in the broadcast booth, might not be a bad idea.

If we're up by a bunch of goals and have tired of trash talking Belize, we might turn our attentions elsewhere.

cheers,

matthew

Actually, both could be done. How many home games are there anyway to allow fans to express themselves?

quote:Originally posted by matthew

I don't think our first home match in two years is the time to vent frustrations with Snet with banners and stuff. Let's get behind the boys. That's the point. However a word or two with the gentlemen in the broadcast booth, might not be a bad idea.

If we're up by a bunch of goals and have tired of trash talking Belize, we might turn our attentions elsewhere.

cheers,

matthew

I sent Sportnet the following e-mail. I doubt I'll get a real reply. I don't think its rude.

Just writing to express my profound disappointment that you will not be broadcasting the Canada-Wales Soccer game occuring at the end of the month. As the "official" station of the CSA, you have done a poor job in developing the property. The approach you have taken would best be described as speculative, choosing to cream rather than develop and build an audience. How many times do you need to achieve record audiences before it starts to dawn on you that there is an audience?

Gordon Twigg

Saskatoon

I believe we should approach this as we did for the U20 Championship.

As a money making enterprise Sportnet needs to get its numbers in order that would justify broadcasting the match.

Therefore rather than run around complaining let us organize an email and telephone campaign.

The question I will put forward directly is how much money will it take to show the game. Remember they must sell ads to make money. The advertisers need to sell their product.

What is important is not to feel helpless or overwelmed.

Each of us has to do the following:

1) Call Sportnet and tell them this. 1-877-288-7767

My friends and family are awaiting a last minute decision by you to watch our nation team.

2) email them feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com

3) As we did recently in Montreal to force the review of the creation of the mega city EACH person gets two people to do the same and they get two people.</u>

It is not difficult or time consuming to find two people to call and send an email.

About 2 minutes.

For those in soccer clubs and teams everyone must do this and get their team-mates to do the same.

Let's not surrender before arriving on the pitch

Rise up to the Challenge!!

hey guys, I too am very upset over not getting to see a good match with our boys against Wales. What also bothers me is that other teams get more coverage than the our own men's team. I wrote my grievance to sportsnet, and I hope all of you have aswell.

Go Canada Go!

Go Radz Go!

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Sportsnet SHOULD broadcast the Belize matches. They're being held right in Sportsnet's backyard.

Well, the first game is listed as a live (or tape delayed by one hour, can't remember) broadcast last time I checked their schedule. Then again, the Wales match was listed on that schedule at one time too.

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

Well, the first game is listed as a live (or tape delayed by one hour, can't remember) broadcast last time I checked their schedule. Then again, the Wales match was listed on that schedule at one time too.

I don't know if Gerry Dobson ever mentioned a Wales broadcast on Soccercentral, but he did mention something about a Belize broadcast on the last show of the season last Saturday.

Archived