Thunder Exhibition Game

Saturday night: Thunder 1 St Catharines 1

I stopped in to Ivor Wyn Stadium tonight and saw most of 3x30 minute "periods" of an exhibition game. Both teams were short a couple of starters. The Thunder had about 55% of the play and 75% of the chances.

There seemed to be quite a few younger kids playing for the Thunder ... a youth movenent??

Rumour has it there is another friendly Tuesday night I don't know who it is against.

Sorry hamiltonfan I couldn't make the game. I know it was against a Toronto area team (aren't they all?? LOL)

It appears that some of last years starters are beginning to return... Roberto the owners son, Jason Cirnik and a few others.

On another note, it looks like something is happening with the website. Today I got a "coming soon" message instead of a "not found" message.

Is it true that your owner is having problems paying their players. I think the CPSL is a joke. The only teams that were run half professional are Ottawa and I thought Hamilton until I heard some stuff about your owner.

Now I know why you have gone through so many coaches and players through the past two years.

< Is it true that your owner is having problems... >

It's not my owner! I'm simply a fan of soccer. Hamilton happens to be the local team and instead of complaining about the state of soccer in Canada I go to support my local team.

Why anyone would want to spend as much money as the owner does to try to bring the game to Hamilton I'll never know. I suspect that it's a lot more expensive than he ever realized but is too proud to back out.

If I was ever rich enough and crazy enough to own a CPSL team I'd hire (this would be the P part of CPSL!) the best coach I could and not even pay my players. I'd get young keen amateurs with high aspirations and something to prove who wanted to work with an international level coach. As soon as you pay someone the meagre amount available in Canada you buy an ego. Often the $1000 ego is the worst kind.

But back to reality... I'll continue to rob the piggy bank to buy a ticket to see the games.

Impact Supporter,

I've now tried to email you twice (once through the site and once through my hotmail account). I don't know what happened to the one sent by the Voyageurs site but I just realised that the one from my hotmail bounced because I put @yahoo.ca instead of yahoo.com. Anyways, I saved my second email and copyed the text of it to a new topic started in this area of the boards. If you still want to correspond privately just let me know - I'll fire of a note ASAP. Otherwise just respond in the new topic I started.

Mike.

yeah i finally became a part of the forum just to clear up a couple of things.

number one- this whole thing about me being in hungary is false. i made the team but Italo( president of hamilton) didn;t give me my papers. he also wont release me even tho he wont pay me.

2. i missed the U20 world cup because I was promised to be in portugal by mid season. The coach thought i would be there too, but coming on to the world cup he worried about my fitness.

3. i have scored more than what the canadian site says. here r some things they r missing.

goals against turkey, and shalke

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=229

Me playing pro in belgium for Royal Antwerp(man U farm Team)

http://www.ploegvantstad.be/ar_hot_0102.htm

me playing for stutgart (under 18-19)

So if u think i wanted to be in hamilton for two years. u must be kidding . i love the fans but my life is my life. and they have 1 milion dollars on my head for no reason. hoping to make a buck. i wont be there this year, so dont look for me .

I tried speaking to the every man of women of poer in the CPSL, seems they really can't do much. Everyone agreed that i should be released, but the President ( who works for free) just said "No!. so maybe someone got to him. but trust me just as im saying it, thats what is hapening. just as absurb as it sounds. this is the most frustrating thing that has ever happened in my soccer career,I can't even train and I can't belive it;s happening in my country.

If anyone knows where i cant get the story out. hamilton or anywhere just pass me the link. thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes it is true and im one of them that they r still not releasing even tho they are not paying

quote:Originally posted by big fan

Is it true that your owner is having problems paying their players. I think the CPSL is a joke. The only teams that were run half professional are Ottawa and I thought Hamilton until I heard some stuff about your owner.

Now I know why you have gone through so many coaches and players through the past two years.

Dave,

As one of the (few) who actually cheered on the Thunder last year I have to say that this is completely unacceptable. You were always one of our favorites not just because you scored goals but because you seemed to care and always made games more exciting when you were on the pitch.

As I understand it from you posts you are under contract yet not being paid and the Thunder have set an extremely high transfer fee on a potential move. Is this correct?

While the Thunder are fully within their rights to try and get as much from a transfer as they can the way they are handling this doesn't even seem to make sense. Certainly it's better to get something rather than nothing when you have the oppurtunity... especially if you won't, as you stated, be playing for them this year.

I said in an earlier post that as long as management doesn't get in the way of me having fun at the game I'd be there. This is the sort of thing that makes it extremely hard to have fun when you have it in the back of your head. Good luck in getting this resolved successfully.

Mike.

Try this. I took this from the Hamilton Spectator website. Good luck, Dave.

www.hamiltonspectator.com

SPORTS

Fax Number: 905-526-3510

Denis Leblanc, Sports Editor - 905-526-2443 or email dleblanc@thespec.com

Wade Hemsworth - 905-526-3254 or email whemsworth@thespec.com

John Kernaghan, Sports Reporter - 905-526-3422 or email jkernaghan@thespec.com

Garry McKay, Sports Reporter - 905-526-3242 or email gmckay@thespec.com

Steve Milton, Sports Columnist - 905-526-3268 or email smilton@thespec.com

Paul O'Brien, Assistant Sports Editor - 905-526-3420 or email pobrien@thespec.com

Ken Peters, Reporter - 905-526-2442 or email kpeters@thespec.com

Scott Radley, Reporter - 905-526-2440 or email sradley@thespec.com

Kathi Aitken, Sports Assistant - 905-526-3259 or email kaitken@thespec.com

Blair

quote:

If anyone knows where i cant get the story out. hamilton or anywhere just pass me the link. thanks

Archived