Radzinski to Celtic?

An Observer

Seems that according to the Guardian that Rad maybe moving on next year.

Chase hots up for disaffected Radzinski as Celtic join the hunt

Michael Walker

Saturday April 24, 2004

'Oi! Tomasz! Over here!'

Celtic have become the latest club to express interest in Everton's striker Tomasz Radzinski, who has one year left on his existing contract and who is not overwhelmed that Everton have offered him only a one-year extension.

Birmingham City, Fulham and Blackburn Rovers are other clubs monitoring Radzinski but Celtic's interest is fresh. Given his contractual status Radzinski would cost £1.5m to £2m, a sum all these clubs could find for the pacy 30-year-old.

A Canadian international of Polish descent, Radzinski has Champions League experience from his previous club Anderlecht, a fact that will have been noted by Celtic. Radzinski joined Everton from Anderlecht for £4.5m three years ago.

Radzinski's stated preference is to stay at Goodison Park and Everton's manager David Moyes said this week that he would like to keep him. But Everton's financial position is not strong and they would be susceptible to a bid for a player who will cost nothing in 12 months' time.

The Football Association has charged Millwall with failing to control their players during their FA Cup semi-final win over Sunderland earlier this month.

A mêlée erupted involving the majority of players from both sides at Old Trafford on April 4 after Jason McAteer's foul on Millwall's captain, Kevin Muscat. Sunderland, however, have escaped punishment for the incident.

Muscat was later forced to leave the field with a knee ligament injury after a foul by Sunderland's captain George McCartney which has since ruled him out of next month's final against Manchester United.

Millwall were charged with the same offence after a similar confrontation during a 2- defeat at Sheffield United in First Division game at Bramall Lane on March 2.

Millwall's player-manager Dennis Wise was also given £3,000 fine and warned as to his future conduct for launching a tirade at the referee Frazer Stretton during the same match.

The FA's chairman Geoff Thompson has been re-elected for another four-year term on the Uefa executive committee. Thompson polled 46 votes out of a possible 52, second only to the Cypriot Marios Lefkaritis' 47 votes, at the Uefa congress in Cyprus.

Unless he gets a lot more money from Celtic this would be a step back to where he was in Anderlecht, playing on one of two good teams in a mediocre league. He would be better off finding a better Premiership team or going to a top team in a decent league like France where he would have Champions League football as well as decent weekly football.

Guest Jeffery S.

I remember news back when he was at Anderlecht about Betis being interested in him. I think that would be a damn good move as well, a team that is attractive, plays with open spaces, has potential, but is doing badly this year. Problem is he is not as attractive a player as he was three years ago, then there was potential, now he is ageing and there is no time for him, not a scoring machine, to adjust to a new league.

Okay, I'll bite.

I think Radz. would tear through the SPL like a hot knife through butter. He'd get service like he's never seen and couldn't be man-marked up and down the pitch from kick off to final whistle game in and game out.

Hartson and Radz. The very idea is frightening. That is to say should Hartson's back allow for a continueing of his career.

There is sheer panic boiling just below the surface in Celticland at the coming loss of one Mr. Larsson. And well there should be. Momo Sylla has been Larsson's strike partner the last few matchs out. Momo Sylla! I ask again, why the hell is Moma Sylla still at Celtic Park?????

And if I where a Tomasz Toffee and couldn't even keep count of the number of strikers David Moyes had brought in I'd be willing to give Celtic a go if they were realy interested. European football guarenteed. No grinding domestic schedule (important on the wrong side of 30). And one of the most financialy secure clubs in the world, even if they're a bit too tight sometimes.

Tomasz gets signed, Cheeta has a new kit overnight air from Glasgow!!! Hell, Tomasz gets signed I might swing for a crap friendly out Toronto way this summer. What the Hell am I writing? Screw Toronto, probably fly to Glasgow for the same price and catch a real match.

Archived