Eric Fillion????

loyola

In this morning "Journal de Quebec" (one of the 2 main newpaper in Qc City) there's a story (1 full page) about Eric Fillion, a 21 yrs old who is going on trial with Norwich of the English second division.

There's something weird about that story.....no one at the ARSQ (Quebec district soccer association) has never heard of him.....same thing for the coaches of Laval University. Personnaly I,m from Quebec and played all my youth soccer at the top level and never saw the guy who's 1 yr younger than me.

I would like to know if this story is true, so if someone has info about this, let us know.

I'm going to buy the Journal tonight so I can give you more info.....a friend of mine told me about Fillion.

OK, I read the article and they're talking about Norwich City who's in first place of the first division right now, they also mention that he could train with Jim Brennan if he gets a contract with the reserve.

He went to England to learn english and he went playing with a semi-pro team where he played for 4 months. A Norwich scout saw him and offered him to join the reserve team for a 3 weeks training camp in may. The columnist confirm the story with the semi-pro team coach.

I still don't know what to think about this since Eric Filliuon was playing in a regional league last year maybe that's an amazing story or this is a fluke..........

Loyola,

I read the story too and it's bizarre !! He played for Charlesbourg Kodiak in the Quebec Metro League last summer. I've coached several years in Charlesbourg and know a lot of guys their but never heard of him before today. I will call some friends and see who is it.

Archived