Seeking cheap hotel in Victoria (UVIC Spring Cup)

Blue and White Army

Alright kiddies,

I'm giving serious thought to heading to UVic (from the Sunshine Coast) to catch the UVic Spring Cup on Sat Mar 28 and Sun Mar 29.

Basically it's a four-way pre-season footie tournament between BC's four premier universities: UBC, SFU, UVic, and Trinity Western.

I'm looking for a cheap place to stay for the night of March 28th. Any ideas? There's guest housing at UVic, which would be very convenient, but it's a little posh. I think it's $60 or $65.

Any chance of getting something around downtown Victoria for less? Or should I just crash at UVic?

Cheers.

You might try the Traveler's Inn. They usually have lots of OK rooms for around $40. They are all downtown but the bus system is good to UVic and takes 20-25 minutes from downtwon (where the hotels are located.) In fact if you stay at one of the three Traveller's Inns on Douglas Street you are right along the main bus route to the University.

There is also a youth hostel and a backpackers hotel downtown. Check out the Tourism Victoria accomodations webpage for details @ http://tourismvictoria.com/Content/EN/587.asp?type=A00006 .

Archived