WOQ: Canada vs. Mexico [R]

DJT

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Leblanc have pictures of Pellerud with an underage player or something??

I am not serious but Jaysus - why not Swiatek?

Goal Mexico

Dominguez again, an excellent blast under the crossbar from close range. Canada had just started doing something after Mexico controlled the first 10 minutes of the half, but then a long ball from midfield got Dominguez behind the Canadian defence and she took it from there.

Our closest call came just seconds after that when Mexico almost scored an own goal.

Goodbye Athens 2004!!! I like the way someone summed it up recently. Our women's team isn't getting any better, but everyone else around us is.

Likewise could be said for the men ;)

quote:Timko, Lang and Morneau worming the bench?

Are they going fishing? ;)

Lots of play in and around the Mexican box now, but maybe only one clear chance as the ball bounces around. We "scored" once but it was called offside, though it was awfully close and I'd have to see that one again. Dominguez continues to be dangerous on the counter.

Guest Georgio

Jarrek,

I agee about the women, but not about the men. First ever YWC quarter final finish and we still have yet to learn what Yallop and his squad can do yet.

Pelerud who is in a "women's soccer heaven of a country" has these women playing an old fashion game and the CSA will be wondering what went wrong in a couple years when our men and women's world rankings are close again (men progressing hopefully and women declining).

Now is the time for change before Pelerud's influence is felt any deeper in the program and we have to dig ourselves out of a mammoth mountain of failed results and backwards football practises.

Ya, I know I'm overreacting a little :)

Blessing in disguise perhaps? Its been said on this board that Canada's tenure as a world power would be brief if we did not play a mature style. While Mexico took their lumps trying to play a mature game, Canada hit and hoped. Can't say that the better team did not win today.

quote:Originally posted by Georgio

Jarrek,

Now is the time for change before Pelerud's influence is felt any deeper in the program and we have to dig ourselves out of a mammoth mountain of failed results and backwards football practises.

Ya, I know I'm overreacting a little :)

Well said and the best way to bring such changes about. A huge loss in one of the biggest games in the history of the program.

Pellerud has some explaning to do. He tactics in this game or lack there of, were plain and simply stupid

Archived