argh1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3526851.stm

The top 20 income producing clubs :

1)ManU

2)Juventus

3)AC Milan

4)Real Madrid

5)Bayern Munich

I'll stop at 5 . But it is interesting that the top 5 are from 4 different leagues ,5 of the top 10 are English though, as it is also interesting that Leeds U is at 16. Fans keep supporting .....

Also it's worth noting (according to the article) that ManU had an income of almost 5 million pounds higher than the NY Yankees , the U.S of A's top sports team in income.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Also it's worth noting (according to the article) that ManU had an income of almost 5 million pounds higher than the NY Yankees , the U.S of A's top sports team in income.

Yeah, Man Utd are the World's only billion-dollar franchise last I heard .... Yet they sell their best player!! More proof that "Sir Alex" doesn't know what he's doing!

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Yeah, Man Utd are the World's only billion-dollar franchise last I heard .... Yet they sell their best player!! More proof that "Sir Alex" doesn't know what he's doing!

Eh?[?]

Doesn't know what he's doing? Problems develop in the human relationship between player & coach. Coach removes player before the dressing room is affected. But Coach doesn't know what he's doing?

quote:Originally posted by drewsome

Eh?[?]

Doesn't know what he's doing? Problems develop in the human relationship between player & coach. Coach removes player before the dressing room is affected. But Coach doesn't know what he's doing?

Absolutely! I can't imagine what would affect a team's dressing room in a more negative fashion than selling your biggest asset and best player when you're the richest team in the World!? Beckham has shown that he's nothing but pure class throughout his career. "Sir Alex" goes around kicking things at players in the dressing room and acting like a little baby everytime they lose! And who should be removed for the better of the team? ... Or how about last weekend: not starting RVN and Giggs in a must-win game! What is he saving them for? The Champions League qualifiers in August perhaps? ... Or how about not signing a defender in January when you know Rio is about to begin a long suspension?

Face it, the guy is off his rocker! Too many distractions in his messed-up life!

I'm still bug-eyed over the phrase 'Problems develop in the human relationship between player & coach'. Might I suggest enrolment in ESL???

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Absolutely! I can't imagine what would affect a team's dressing room in a more negative fashion than selling your biggest asset and best player when you're the richest team in the World!? Beckham has shown that he's nothing but pure class throughout his career. "Sir Alex" goes around kicking things at players in the dressing room and acting like a little baby everytime they lose! And who should be removed for the better of the team? ... Or how about last weekend: not starting RVN and Giggs in a must-win game! What is he saving them for? The Champions League qualifiers in August perhaps? ... Or how about not signing a defender in January when you know Rio is about to begin a long suspension?

Face it, the guy is off his rocker! Too many distractions in his messed-up life!

Don't forget Jaap Stam.

Than again look at the tirade he launched on Aberdeen after they qualified for the (then) European Champions Cup Final in 1983.

The Dons went on to Win the biggest trophy available at the time but Fergie's dye was cast...

He does things his way or no way.

There has to be something said for the manager running "his team". If he had problems with Beckham, he was justified in getting rid of him. As for not signing someone in the transfer window, I'm sure everyone will agree that if you were a team boss and Man U came looking for your best defender, that player's value would immediately skyrocket. There still has to be fiscal responsibility here. Remember that Man U are still in contention for a Champions League spot and Ferdinand will be back next year. Imagine the fallout from an Agent's perspective if Man U spent the load on someone like Killgallon. The value of every young defender now increases. Sometimes the best deal is no change.

Not Starting RVN & Giggs I will grant is a mystery...

quote:Originally posted by drewsome

There has to be something said for the manager running "his team". If he had problems with Beckham, he was justified in getting rid of him. As for not signing someone in the transfer window, I'm sure everyone will agree that if you were a team boss and Man U came looking for your best defender, that player's value would immediately skyrocket. There still has to be fiscal responsibility here. Remember that Man U are still in contention for a Champions League spot and Ferdinand will be back next year. Imagine the fallout from an Agent's perspective if Man U spent the load on someone like Killgallon. The value of every young defender now increases. Sometimes the best deal is no change.

I would agree with you there if not for the fact that they did make a change - bringing in yet another striker! I'm not saying they should have bought a 20 million pound defender, but get somebody ... anybody to help until Wes Brown is match-fit or to cover if someone else like Sylvestre got injured.

Archived