Canadians abroad: February 13-19, 2004

DJT

Guest Jeffery S.

Richard Hastings played 90, apparently in the midfield, as MVV lost 1-3 to Top Oss in the Dutch 2nd division last night (Thursday). They are doing terribly, but just two wins would put them out of relegation, so there is still hope.

Kevin de Serpa did not dress for Penafiel in Portugal 2nd div, in a 3-1 win over Setubal last weekend. The team is now one point off promotion. A bit disappointing for Kevin after starting the previous week.

Sorry this is late:

Canadians in Italy

February 15

Serie D: Isola Liri (David Masciantonio) 0 Cassino 1

- Masciantonio was subbed in for Isola Liri at the 61st minute with the score already 0-1.

Promozione Puglia (7th division): Lucera (Franco Lalli) 3 Trani 2

- Lalli scored for Lucera in the 39th minute to make it 1-0. I'm pretty sure he started but I don't know if he played the whole match.

February 16

Serie C1: Teramo (Rocco Placentino) 1 Vis Pesaro 0

- Placentino did not dress for Teramo. This was the first match for which he was with Teramo since being loaned from Avellino because he missed the first two while he was with the Olympic team in Mexico. I haven't actually seen his name mentioned since the loan was completed.

I haven't been posting Masciantonio and Lalli updates weekly but I have collected info for most of their matches since the beginning of the season, if anyone wants it. From now on I should be able to post weekly updates.

The only other Canadian playing at a non-youth level in Italy is Niels Dekker at Massa Lombarda (Eccellenza Emilia Romagna (6th division)), but the only source providing anything beyond results that I have been able to find now requires a paid subscription, so all I have on him is some info from a few matches at the beginning of the season. For the record, I have no info on the Canadians supposedly playing at youth levels (or even whether they are actually still in Italy at all) beyond the updates on Julian Uccello with the Milan Juniores that Alberto posts.

Archived