Belize-Canada WC Match

raggamuffin

u canadiens should consider yourselves lucky by not having to play belize as we will not be fielding a national team for the upcomming tourney. the last time you played belize (1985) we lost 2-0 but it was because we did not have a standing national team. the 'national team' at that time only got together one week before the match. u should also be informed that your national team then went on to represent concacaf in the mexico 86 wc and lost their three games. by the way, our home game would have been played at the same venue as the 1985 game

peace from belize

I hope you guys do get to field a team. We've been tracking the dispute with your FA and CONCACAF up here and it sounds like the players will be the one suffering as a result. Good luck.

Thanks for the message , raggamuffin. We were looking forward to playing you, and are aware of the record of your team, great for such a small population. Keep us posted as to how the battle goes between your government/league versus BFA/Concacaf/FIFA. Things may work themselves out.

quote:Originally posted by raggamuffin

u canadiens should consider yourselves lucky by not having to play belize as we will not be fielding a national team for the upcomming tourney. the last time you played belize (1985) we lost 2-0 but it was because we did not have a standing national team. the 'national team' at that time only got together one week before the match. u should also be informed that your national team then went on to represent concacaf in the mexico 86 wc and lost their three games. by the way, our home game would have been played at the same venue as the 1985 game

peace from belize

I'm so afraid to face powerful Belize that I can't sleep since the December draw. Hopefully if we can by any chance eliminate your skillful team, we'll then face easier opposition in the secound round.

Cheers Ragamuffin, I've been following the Belize situation since the draw and I hope this latest chapter in the conflict will finally give the BPFL some power and get the top players back to representing your country. Though I suspect we all fancy our chances to beat you, I personally thought it would be more difficult than many people anticipate. Our manager has certainly said in the press that he expects a battle.

Do you think there's any chance that things could be resolved in time? I still have hope, but I'm not close to the situation obviously. I think I speak for everyone when I say we wanted to face you and felt you would give us a good fight and help us prepare us for the next round. We're just counting on you not to give us too big of a fight, because we are confident in winning.

I would love to hear your view on the rift between the BFF and the BPFL.

respect,

matthew

Archived