Calgary Mustangs offical logo & colours (Thread 1)

hamiltonfan

Very nice work Cooks... you're getting pretty good with Illustrator. Your ideas are coming through better than they did with MS Paint (I'm actually impressed how well you did with just MS Paint... brave man).

Since we're showing our "last and best", I thought I'd play too. Hope you don't mind.

I took the essence of the "official" logo, shook it a couple of times, and came up with this. Optional Shield Crest/Text logo designs. The previous one I posted never really grabbed me either, and if you wanna get a sense of how many different ways I worked with it, check out http://www.mysweetpatch.com/fifa-concacaf/work/mustangs-bluetest1.jpg

Here's hoping this one grabs Gordon... :)

mustangs-text.jpg

I tried to stay away from both the Stampeders and the Ford Mustang logos and drew mine from a Photo. It's very hard to draw a logo horse running any other way. As a silhouette it just doesn't present much power/movement.

As I mentioned way back when... there's really only 3 ways to put a horse in the logo... just a Head, Rearing Up, and Running. Neither of the first 2 really work well, and believe me I tried. Problem is, with a name like "Mustangs" you're already kinda limited.

quote:Originally posted by BC supporter

I appreciate the dedication you guys show in working on logos. But have you considered that your horse -- particularly in Strobe's design -- is quite similar to that used by the Calgary Stampeders (http://www.stampeders.com/)? Who knows, perhaps that's one reason the "official" Mustang logo is horse-less.

If that's the case, then they shouldn't have used the name "Mustangs" in the first place! Poor excuse.

Well stobe_z, I really like the first one of the new two. By putting the horse into the background, you take away the emphasis and consequently it has more of a fresh look. With the shield, I think it would be stronger just by dropping the horse out of the equation all together. The first offering is definitely much stronger than the official logo.

thats the logo???? pretty sad effort on the organization's part. it still doesn't compare to the Lynx' Mr. Bigglesworth logo, the utmost worthless effort and a scam of a contest. they announce that the a lucky fan can come up with the logo, instead the team's marketing team ends up witht the winner.[V][V][V][V][V][V]

Archived