Voyageurs advertisement on Ontario Soccer Web???

hamiltonfan

I was just looking through www.ontariosoccerweb.com and saw how there was 2 free spaces for ads on the home page. There are currently 6 000 people a week looking at the site and for those prices I really think it would be great if we could gather up the money and rent some space. For $150 we could get a small box at the side of the home page and for $300 we could get the main banner at the top of the home page. We would get the space fora season. For more info go here http://www.ontariosoccerweb.com/osw.php?page=advertise , I would really like to do this and I think it could happen if everyone pitches in. If 30 would put in $10 each then we could get the main banner at the top. What does everyon think?

I don't think this is necessary. We already have a prominent link on that site, and our press releases are posted there as well (all thanks to LT, who runs that site, in case you didn't know). I doubt there are many people who would be interested enough in Canadian soccer to find that site but somehow never come across the Voyageurs.

We shouldn't buy advertising. Why, for example, would we advertise on the Ontario soccer web site, and not on the BC or Quebec soccer sites?

But I would like to see us consider placing small ads in the game-day programs of the Canadian A league teams, perhaps as an "in kind" service for our sponsorship of the Voyageur Cup. Nothing fancy, just a "Soccer Talk and Information" with our website forum URL and logo.

Not that I make a habit of turning down offers of cash, but like DJT says I do have a Voyageurs link on my home page and do print all V. Cup press releases. There is probably no need to advertise.

And by the way, the 6,000 per week is conservative, right now (with nothing really going on) I get about 1,000-1,500 hits a day and in the summer it's about double that.

Regards,

Lino Terra

Editor, Ontario Soccer Web

Not that I make a habit of turning down offers of cash, but like DJT says I do have a Voyageurs link on my home page and do print all V. Cup press releases. There is probably no need to advertise.

And by the way, the 6,000 per week is conservative, right now (with nothing really going on) I get about 1,000-1,500 hits a day and in the summer it's about double that.

Regards,

Lino Terra

Editor, Ontario Soccer Web

Archived