W League on National TV

sudcan

quote:Originally posted by Impact supporter

sudcan:

What about a Women's version of the Voyageurs Cup see http://www.voyageurscup.ca

When the Canadian W-League teams play against each other in the regular season (home and away matches) a seperate ''table'' is compiled for the Canadian teams only.

This is the 2004 W-League schedule for the Canadian teams:

West

Calgary @ Vancouver May 14

Vancouver @ Calgary June 15

Vancouver @ Edmonton June 16

Edmonton @ Calgary July 1

Calgary @ Edmonton July 14

Edmonton @ Vancouver May 23

East

Tornoto @ Montreal May 23

Sudbury @ Montreal May 29

Sudbury @ Ottawa June 5

Montreal @ Sudbury June 5

Ottawa @ Sudbury June 19

Ottawa @ Toronto June 20

Montreal @ Ottawa June 23

Sudbury @ Toronto June 26

Montreal @ Toronto July 3

Toronto at Sudbury July 10

Toronto @ Ottawa July 18

When the matches are finished in July 'top' Eastern team plays against the "top' Western team for the Voyageurs Cup. That could be done in August.

Just a thought.

I've been playing around with these ideas for about a month or so, once the schedule came out. I wanted to work them through a bit more and to learn more about the A-League schedule before proposing something.

The W-league finals are in early August for a reason. Most players are committed to returning to University second week that month.

As for May, the W season had started and probably not many coaches would want to compete in such a tournament, unless you throw in a million dollar winner's prize, which would interest the owners who in 100% of W-league universe lose tons of money on the teams.

How about let the teams play each other, and based on results present a banner that says "Voyaguer's Cup Ladies Winners"

Cost: about 300 bucks.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

The W-league finals are in early August for a reason. Most players are committed to returning to University second week that month.

As for May, the W season had started and probably not many coaches would want to compete in such a tournament, unless you throw in a million dollar winner's prize, which would interest the owners who in 100% of W-league universe lose tons of money on the teams.

How about let the teams play each other, and based on results present a banner that says "Voyaguer's Cup Ladies Winners"

Cost: about 300 bucks.

Yes, I agree with you.

Sounds like a lot of good ideas - every little bit of coverage and attention to the W League will help! sincere thanks!

We'll just keep trying to secure the national coverage... - we have a couple of guys that have nothing better to...we'll see what kind of damage they can do on this front. I will keep The Voyageurs posted on how they do. The worst that can happen is they'll run into a brick wall...

Take care and keep up the good work on this site!

Archived