Can the csa shut down the cpsl

jaydog2006

Why shut down the CPSL??? What's needed here is a huge reform of the CPSL, whereby the CSA could partner-up with the CPSL. So much could be done under such a partnership. For instance: a Canadian Open Cup championship with all the major provincial leagues and the existing A-League clubs. Com'on guys, let's use our heads. On other issue, I was extremely disatisfied when the CPSL turfed out Ottawa and Durham (2 important markets). The CPSL needs a-lot of reforms. I hate the bureaucrats that are running the show there.

why has the csa not already begun an agreement with the cpsl? i mean, they could arrange a cup with the cpsl, the pcsl (whom also has no contact with the csa) and the a-league. the pcsl is similar to both alberta's and manitoba's leagues, is it not? it seems to me that we are a few emails away from a fantastic national cup that includes the challenge cup winner as well.

it all seems so obvious, so why has nothing been done? (i think something is holding it back that we may not know about)

maybe I can shed some light on this gentlemen......the reason they do not get involved is because it is not in the CPSL powers that be-best interest. To put it plainly the CPsl does not want the CSA knowing how badly the CPSL runs its ship....the $$ gets stuffed in their pockets and they do not want anyone knowing it....

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

why has the csa not already begun an agreement with the cpsl? i mean, they could arrange a cup with the cpsl, the pcsl (whom also has no contact with the csa) and the a-league. the pcsl is similar to both alberta's and manitoba's leagues, is it not? it seems to me that we are a few emails away from a fantastic national cup that includes the challenge cup winner as well.

it all seems so obvious, so why has nothing been done? (i think something is holding it back that we may not know about)

Attempts have been made over the last few years. I'll post more on this later.

Re: PCSL wages - I can speak only for Victoria but our players get paid nothing other than a small per diem for meals on road trips and the team pays for travel and accomodations. This is the reason we can have so many talented NCAA players. Playing for us is good for the guys and does not threaten their scholarships. I guess I should mention that we are probably the best supported team (in terms of paying specatators) in the whole league so unless they have a sugar daddy I doubt any other teams pay their players.

As for talking about the PCSL, I post news to the website (www.victoriaunited.com) but Winnipeg Fury usually posts it here before I have a chance to. :)

Archived