Kingston Konvention (June 13, 2004)

Varsity Tyler

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Metro

I'd be interested too, if that's ok, although I might not be able to commit until May. Is there any extra costs to taking the bus?

'

Hey there, the bus looks like its going to cost 30 bucks a pop if we get to 30 (we're almost there) and around 20 if we can fill 'er.. but the bus is definitely a go. Youll probably want to take care of the ticket situation right now through Tyler just to ensure that you definitely have a seat.

Will it just be you, or will you be bringing anyone else?

Drop me an email (keay1@rogers.com) I can give you the whole lowdown on the situation, maybe we can work something out for the bus to make sure youve got a spot on there.

Hey Tyler. I'm thinking of getting a bus from Ottawa. Would you be interested? If so, how many people do you estimate would come with you? I'm at about 20 myself, and it keeps growing.

Anyone else from Ottawa interested?

Wouldn't that be something? A convergence of three buses from 3 different directions: Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa. Wooo!

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

How many people from Montreal are going to the game?(with the voyageurs)

I'll be in Europe then, so I won't be able to check the game out, although there would be something stupendously surreal about walking into a sports pub there and seeing Canada-Belize somehow :P.

TorontoSupport: Personal cheques are all good. I'm not too worried about those $8.50 cheques bouncing. : )

Mimglow: Since I'm in res for my first year I'm going back to Toronto for the summer. I'm looking to buy a house up here, but I can't see myself living here over the summer until this time next year.

Also, if the Montreal bus is having trouble filling spots then see if they'll make the slight detour and stop in Ottawa. It might take a bit longer for the Mtl folks to get to Kingston, but if they're short on numbers then it should be considered.

Ticket update: So far I have money for 5 tickets. Lots of interest, but I've got 4 for myself and money from Marc P. Let's get those $$$$ in boys. I want to see 100 of us.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Hey Tyler. I'm thinking of getting a bus from Ottawa. Would you be interested? If so, how many people do you estimate would come with you? I'm at about 20 myself, and it keeps growing.

Anyone else from Ottawa interested?

Wouldn't that be something? A convergence of three buses from 3 different directions: Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa. Wooo!

Mimglow, I'm in Ottawa and might be interested in taking the bus as well. Keep us informed if you hear of any transportation plans.

Tyler, I haven't decided if I'm going to the match but at $8.50 its not a huge monetary loss if I can't make it. I will send my money in soon.

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

TorontoSupport: Personal cheques are all good. I'm not too worried about those $8.50 cheques bouncing. : )

Mimglow: Since I'm in res for my first year I'm going back to Toronto for the summer. I'm looking to buy a house up here, but I can't see myself living here over the summer until this time next year.

Also, if the Montreal bus is having trouble filling spots then see if they'll make the slight detour and stop in Ottawa. It might take a bit longer for the Mtl folks to get to Kingston, but if they're short on numbers then it should be considered.

Ticket update: So far I have money for 5 tickets. Lots of interest, but I've got 4 for myself and money from Marc P. Let's get those $$$$ in boys. I want to see 100 of us.

Tyler, I'll send you a cheque for about 20 tickets soon enough. Just assessing how serious the interest is.

Can I make a suggestion? How about starting new thread on this topic and commence with of where we stand. In orther words a status update of where we stand in respect to reserving, booking etc for the Kingston game in June. I just took a look at main thread on this board and, "Good Grief", its now six pages long. I went to this last page and there is some talk already about collecting money. Sorry, but I haven't been able to keep up with all the other news and six pages seems like a bit of a challenge.

therefore, I'll ask here for your assistence

1) have we reserved the seats?

2) Have we bought the tickets?

3) have we reserved the bus

4) Do we need to purchase the tickets now and if so who do I send the $$$ to?

5) It looks like we have already started collecting 8.50$. is this for the bus? if so who and where do I send my money to.

or if you prefer, just let me know how much and where to send the $$$ by responding to this message.

Much appreciated and sorry for being so lazy.

Freeus Kickus,

We are sitting the the GA section with unreserved seating. We just need to get tickets and sort it on arrival. These tickets are available from Tyler Ticket Services :) for $8.50 incl SH. I can get you one, if you want and are sure you're coming, as I'm ordering a bunch in the next couple days.

We have not reserved the bus yet. Ryan and I are working on it. We're hoping for 40 people on the bus, paying 20 bucks each for transport. The max price for this, I reckon, would be $35. If you have any good charter contacts, let us know. We're already at about 25 confirmed for this mythical bus.

Hope this helps,

Torontous Supportus

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

Freeus Kickus,

We have not reserved the bus yet. Ryan and I are working on it. We're hoping for 40 people on the bus, paying 20 bucks each for transport. The max price for this, I reckon, would be $35. If you have any good charter contacts, let us know. We're already at about 25 confirmed for this mythical bus.

Complete with the mime tour-guide option.

I'm willing to dish out the extra dosh if you are. I say it's worth it.

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

Freeus Kickus,

We are sitting the the GA section with unreserved seating. We just need to get tickets and sort it on arrival. These tickets are available from Tyler Ticket Services :) for $8.50 incl SH. I can get you one, if you want and are sure you're coming, as I'm ordering a bunch in the next couple days.

Hope this helps,

Torontous Supportus

sounds good to me. send me an email when you have the tix and all. hopefully I'll meet up with you some time on a weekend and settle with you.... Good... now I feel better.

Archived