Kingston Konvention (June 13, 2004)

Varsity Tyler

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, $8.00 for a WCQ involving Canada? Didn't the CSA charge $20-25 for these types of games when they held them at Varsity Stadium?

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

Update: I called the SOSA and got the needed information about ticketing. The east stand is general admission. This is where the Voyageurs will be located, and there are two ways that you will be able to buy tickets:

1. To buy direct from the SOSA involves sending a certified cheque or a money order. The cost remains $8.00, but there is the added cost and inconvenience of procuring the method of payment. Also, the cost to the SOSA goes up because distribution needs to be handled.

2. The alternative to #1 is to send me a personal cheque for approximately $8 per ticket plus an additional $0.50 per order. The two-quarter add on is to cover postage. Upon receiving your cheque I can cash it and put your funds into a 'group buy' account. At a deadline I'll buy the group's tickets and then distribute them through mail across the country.

If you don't like the idea of an individual (me) handling your money then use option one. Recognize that this has slight inconveniences associated with it. Otherwise, I'm willing to do all of the leg work to save the Voyageurs and the SOSA a bit of time and energy.

P.S. Those from the Kingston can simply drop into the SOSA offices and pay for their ticket in cash.

Thanks for getting this info VT. Having to send a certified cheque or money order sucks, but it still beats Ticketmaster service charges!

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

Update: I called the SOSA and got the needed information about ticketing. The east stand is general admission. This is where the Voyageurs will be located, and there are two ways that you will be able to buy tickets:

1. To buy direct from the SOSA involves sending a certified cheque or a money order. The cost remains $8.00, but there is the added cost and inconvenience of procuring the method of payment. Also, the cost to the SOSA goes up because distribution needs to be handled.

2. The alternative to #1 is to send me a personal cheque for approximately $8 per ticket plus an additional $0.50 per order. The two-quarter add on is to cover postage. Upon receiving your cheque I can cash it and put your funds into a 'group buy' account. At a deadline I'll buy the group's tickets and then distribute them through mail across the country.

If you don't like the idea of an individual (me) handling your money then use option one. Recognize that this has slight inconveniences associated with it. Otherwise, I'm willing to do all of the leg work to save the Voyageurs and the SOSA a bit of time and energy.

P.S. Those from the Kingston can simply drop into the SOSA offices and pay for their ticket in cash.

This is to go on the front page of the Vees' site, and wherever else anyone likes. It would look great on the front page of the Toronto Ultras' internet home. The same can be said for the Southsiders, the Stormchasers, and hell even those guys out in Montreal (though they'll sort out most of their tickets with the bus).

---------------------------------------

Canada is playing Belize in its first World Cup Qualifying match for the 2006 tournament in Germany. The match is set for Sunday, June 13, 2004 (2:00 pm local time), and the venue is Kingston’s (Queens’ University’s) Richardson Stadium.

Tickets to sit with the Voyageurs for the Canada-Belize home match are available via mail. Our section will encourage standing, singing, drums and other inspiring support of the Canadian side. Send your order ASAP in order to assure your seats.

Send a cheque (made out to Tyler Adamsky) for $8.00 per ticket plus $0.50 shipping per order to:

Canada-Belize

C/O Tyler Adamsky

45 Université Private, Apt. 1204 A

Ottawa, ON

K1N 9B1

In the envelope, please enclose a sheet of paper indicating your mailing address, e-mail address (optional - allows order confirmation and further communication for game day plans), and number of tickets ordered. This makes organization significantly easier.

Just trying to get a head count here.. who would be interested in taking a bus from Toronto to and from Kingston? From a preliminary check, if we can get 50 people on a bus, we can expect at absolute most a $25 fee (plus whatever you wish to spend on 'extras' :)). If there seems to be sufficient interest, Ill get a couple quotes and get this going.

So, if you are interested in this, send me an e-mail or respond to this post with an estimate on you, and extra #s that may be coming along with you.

quote:quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by SeanKeay

How do u get cheap beer?? and not be colt 45 :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How? How? Eh? How? Share the knowledge!

I work for a brewery. :) It helps.

Torontoers:

So the ticket thing has arranged itself. For $8, you can't go wrong. As far as the bus idea goes, I'd be interested if there were enough people. I can call some contacts too if we get that far with this descision. No school buses! The rate is cheap but there's no toilet (see above). I've spoken to a few friends and am forming a posse (at least that's what people cooler than me call it) of non-voyageurs/non-ultras for this auspicous Sunday.

Since it is a Sunday, I suspect many people are going to carpool it to Kingston rather than take the party angle of a Saturday match.

I'll jump on the rent-o-bus, drive, hire a van for eight or hitch-hike - whichever seems best at the time.

Don't forget to buy flags! Does anyone know what we can/can't bring into the stadium? And no, I'm not going pyro-maniacal. Just wondering...I'm sure the TO Ultras can work out something fun.

Like a big banner that says: THANKS FOR COMING HOME - WE MISSED YOU

I'm not sure if there are any Maritimers lurking on here who are considering making the trip (I can get to Kingston from Fredericton in 11 hours, so the drive is pretty easy...), but I would be willing to co-ordinate things from this side of the country if there are.....

Just drop me a line at dgrollins@canada.com

cheers,

Duane

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

Torontoers:

So the ticket thing has arranged itself. For $8, you can't go wrong. As far as the bus idea goes, I'd be interested if there were enough people. I can call some contacts too if we get that far with this descision. No school buses! The rate is cheap but there's no toilet (see above). I've spoken to a few friends and am forming a posse (at least that's what people cooler than me call it) of non-voyageurs/non-ultras for this auspicous Sunday.

Yeah man, for sure.. we've got a badass Whitby posse getting planned out.. Im thinking we should be able to fill this bus, and yes, it will be a fully toileted coach... :)

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

One quick little question, where will be seating? I want to sit in the best possible seats. I personally like to be at the centre line, and as close as possible. Will these 8 dollar seats allow that?

Yes, these seats will allow that. The pitch is lined on the east and west sides with stands. The west has reserved seating (seats), and I'm under the impression that the east is bench seating. All we have to do is show up early enough in order to secure and prepare our section.

In other news, the CSA is looking into using temporary stands behind the nets. I suppose if the game sells fairly quickly then they'll decide to go with this option.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

One quick little question, where will be seating? I want to sit in the best possible seats. I personally like to be at the centre line, and as close as possible. Will these 8 dollar seats allow that?

Yes, these seats will allow that. The pitch is lined on the east and west sides with stands. The west has reserved seating (seats), and I'm under the impression that the east is bench seating. All we have to do is show up early enough in order to secure and prepare our section.

In other news, the CSA is looking into using temporary stands behind the nets. I suppose if the game sells fairly quickly then they'll decide to go with this option.

Here is a question, and this is a big one for all voyaguers.

Some fans like to sit and just take in the game, which is fine.

But I think the group from Toronto is planning to be vocal, standing and jumping around all game. Which could cause problems for some of the people who want to sit right at the centre of play.

Since we are going to stand, we will probobly have to move to the side or move to the back of the stadium, so i was wondering who is doing what? (im just assuming, its not like i really know)

Plus, i think the ideal spot for us to be is right behind the net since all supporters tend to do this and i think it would be kind of cool to have DD jump into our section after scoring a hatrick :) (tho those sections are not even available yet )

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Here is a question, and this is a big one for all voyaguers.

Some fans like to sit and just take in the game, which is fine.

But I think the group from Toronto is planning to be vocal, standing and jumping around all game. Which could cause problems for some of the people who want to sit right at the centre of play.

Since we are going to stand, we will probobly have to move to the side or move to the back of the stadium, so i was wondering who is doing what? (im just assuming, its not like i really know)

Plus, i think the ideal spot for us to be is right behind the net since all supporters tend to do this and i think it would be kind of cool to have DD jump into our section after scoring a hatrick :) (tho those sections are not even available yet )

I'd like to be mid-field, for reason I don't have to explain, but am completely ok with being elsewhere. In the GA area, I'm sure the situation will right itself in the hours before kickoff and they'll be no problem finding each other. This is not the Maracana. But there's no reason not to agree on a plan of action.

I suggest total insanity. I'll be attending with the Official Mississauga Polish Reformed Hooligan Tomas Radzinski Pep Squad (also known as OMPRHTRPS). Sobriety may be an issue.

Ok, ok, I'm exaggerting. But I think a lot of noise is necessary and a lot of effort is required. We, unfortunately, may have to show the CSA that we REALLY care about the MNT playing in Canada. I know they have no money and players have other commitments, etc...but this is the first chance in a long time to voice our support in a group of more than 25 people. I, personally, want to see an atmosphere in the cheering section like Canada vs Costa Rica (Gold Cup 03) game times forty-seven. We just need to sing some songs, wave some flags, clap a lot, jump around and "have a salad and a little bbq" (as they say at Centennial.

Am I being unreasonable? [:I]

I feel that its not just the CSA we have to show, but moreso the media & country as a whole. I want the media to be taken aback by the passion the we show, the non-stop, co-ordinated yet spontaneous cheering & chanting (if you know what I mean), and that fact that there is a large group of organized, passionate, dedicated & knowledgeable fans.

Yes. The reason for this is that the West Stand Seats are the best seats in the house. Since the game will be played after 2:00pm, the sun won't be shining into our eyes. Also the one of the West Stand sections is coloured RED, so that would definately suit us as well.

Take a look at the photo of Richardson Stadium:

richardson.jpg

quote: Yes. The reason for this is that the West Stand Seats are the best seats in the house. Since the game will be played after 2:00pm, the sun won't be shining into our eyes. Also the one of the West Stand sections is coloured RED, so that would definately suit us as well.

I'll wear sunglasses.[8D]

Whatever the case, we'd better decide before people (ie ME) buy tickets.

Archived