Kingston Konvention (June 13, 2004)

Varsity Tyler

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Peschfan

When will we know the official Venue for the match? Kingston would be great as it is close, what are the other possibilities? Commonwealth?

It's official - Richardson Stadium in Kingston it is.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=1576

According to the Queen's Golden Gaels website, the east stand is general admission and the west stand is assigned seating.

http://www.goldengaels.com/tickets.html

Do we still need the proposal in light of this? Can't each of us just buy a GA ticket and then create a Voyageurs section on the day (like we did in Foxboro)?

This makes it much easier. So long as the one side is general admission then we're set to go. We just have to show up in numbers to create one massive supporter's section.

I'll drop a line to this Montreal bus guy. I'll alert him to our presense, as some of the people on the bus maybe interested in sitting with us.

I suppose the proposal isn't needed then. Oh well.

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

I'll drop a line to this Montreal bus guy. I'll alert him to our presense, as some of the people on the bus maybe interested in sitting with us.

I think the "Montreal bus guy" Steve is mtlfan himself. I just copied his post from another thread.

It might be worth double checking with the CSA about the General Admission thing, since the information about the General Admission is coming from the Queen's site rather than the CSA's.

Just like somebody might want to contact the CSA about the Kappos thing since nobody from the CSA has mentioned it yet officially, but that's for another thread I guess.

My first post on these forums, so bear with me.

I'm glad to see so much support for the Canadain team. I had no idea such a group existed, I just kind of stumbled upon this site by accident. I for one will surly be at the game. I just have one question. How many people does the stadium hold, and do you guys think that it will be sold out?

And I'm sure I can get a few people from London to join your cheering section. Beers all around

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Agreed - the general admission tickets are probably the best best, and we won't have the problem of being behind the goal either.

Since there are no stands behind the goals, the CSA may put them in if you guys want to be there.

As the GA will be made up of kids and their parents beer drinking may be a problem. I don't think they will be selling beer so it's BYOB.

Another idea is you could have a tailgate party as the stadium has lots of green space and parking.

The Women's game was sold out for an exibition game.

I think a WCQ will generate more demand so extra space behind the goal may be just what is needed for the Voyageurs.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

It might be worth double checking with the CSA about the General Admission thing, since the information about the General Admission is coming from the Queen's site rather than the CSA's.

This is a good point - we shouldn't assume that the east stand will be general admission for this match just because it is so for the Queen's matches.

Another thing that just occured to me - the CSA press release only mentions "group tickets" being sold for the east stand. If they will not sell to individuals, or if there is a certain minimum number you have to buy, then this may preclude some Voyageurs from getting tickets in this section.

We should probably get these questions cleared up before shelving the proposal. Is there anyone in the Kingston area who will volunteer to phone the SOSA on Monday? If not, I'll do it (although it's long distance for me.)

Whoa!

Here's what happens when you go on holiday and drop off the scene for a bit. I knew the game was coming, but not that it was confirmed and only 3 hours drive from my home. Great stuff!

I'm so in.

Torontonianites:

Would a bus be a good idea? Is anyone thinking of staying overnight (necessary if there's beer involved while carpooling)?

As soon as the ticket issues get resovled, we can make a skeleton plan. I wouldn't want to leave this one until the last minute as I'm sure many non-Voyageurs/non-Ultras will be interested.

Plus, I can get us loads of cheap beer. [:P]

Whoa!

Here's what happens when you go on holiday and drop off the scene for a bit. I knew the game was coming, but not that it was confirmed and only 3 hours drive from my home. Great stuff!

I'm so in.

Torontonianites:

Would a bus be a good idea? Is anyone thinking of staying overnight (necessary if there's beer involved while carpooling)?

As soon as the ticket issues get resovled, we can make a skeleton plan. I wouldn't want to leave this one until the last minute as I'm sure many non-Voyageurs/non-Ultras will be interested.

Plus, I can get us loads of cheap beer. [:P]

Re: a Toronto bus, apparently "Mtl fan" is setting something up. I plan to drive myself & can fit perhaps 4 others in the car (since it will be a day trip). But my car may be filled with family members & friends who never post on this site but are still fans. There may be other cars making the trip from people that I know in my area who are interested but not Voyageurs, nor Ultras, so a bus may indeed be a good idea, even if I am unlikely to partake in it.

Re: a Toronto bus, apparently "Mtl fan" is setting something up. I plan to drive myself & can fit perhaps 4 others in the car (since it will be a day trip). But my car may be filled with family members & friends who never post on this site but are still fans. There may be other cars making the trip from people that I know in my area who are interested but not Voyageurs, nor Ultras, so a bus may indeed be a good idea, even if I am unlikely to partake in it.

Yeah, if we can just buy a batch of General Admission tickets lets go for that, and save the proposal for a future game where GA isn't available...save us the time and organization for another more needed time.

Since the game is a Sunday (if I recall correctly) then I'm not up for staying overnight myself. I'd more than likely drive there (carpool anyone?) though if all the TO peopel took the bus I'd join.

Update: I called the SOSA and got the needed information about ticketing. The east stand is general admission. This is where the Voyageurs will be located, and there are two ways that you will be able to buy tickets:

1. To buy direct from the SOSA involves sending a certified cheque or a money order. The cost remains $8.00, but there is the added cost and inconvenience of procuring the method of payment. Also, the cost to the SOSA goes up because distribution needs to be handled.

2. The alternative to #1 is to send me a personal cheque for approximately $8 per ticket plus an additional $0.50 per order. The two-quarter add on is to cover postage. Upon receiving your cheque I can cash it and put your funds into a 'group buy' account. At a deadline I'll buy the group's tickets and then distribute them through mail across the country.

If you don't like the idea of an individual (me) handling your money then use option one. Recognize that this has slight inconveniences associated with it. Otherwise, I'm willing to do all of the leg work to save the Voyageurs and the SOSA a bit of time and energy.

P.S. Those from the Kingston can simply drop into the SOSA offices and pay for their ticket in cash.

Archived