americas soccer league

jaydog2006

AS far as ready to go four (4)---by the way for those interested in this news--this league may--and I say may be registered in Canada as home base not US--this is because if we get 6 or 7 teams (possibility) for 2004 we would have more than half the clubs in Canada and USSF rules prohibit that--it would be much easier and cheaper to run this league with the league registered through Canadian Soccer federation-we are looking into it.

Also any successful clubs looking looking to go to the pro level can contact me at bidpitch1@aol.com and tell me if you are interested in joining our league--the League fees are extremely reasonable and each club will have equal voting rights as well as benifit from a sponsorship booking package that will help you with selling sponsorship and getting patron money

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

this league sends chills. (the beginning of a canadian first division!?)

You're joking right? He's soliciting franchises through a chat forum!

I know as Canadian Soccer fans we're desperate to cling on to any hope, but c'mon!

LT-no offense but we are trying to get the word out of the new league any way we can...I have posted on exactly 23 sites> I do this because it is free, it gets people talking about the league and last but not least we get feedback--all good things when time is a factor, dont you think?

Sorry, I thought discussion forums were a place to voice your opinion. And as I've stated before I believe it is bad for soccer to have fly-by-night new leagues popping up to further fracture and weaken the existing soccer structure.

It's not a matter of raining on someone's parade, it's just my view of the current soccer landscape.

And to cdr9999, I'm sorry to come off sounding harsh. Promoting your venture on soccer forums is not a bad idea.

I was just turned off by the fact that you can on here purporting to be someone interested in joining the CPSL when in fact you were just fishing for info for a league you already had planned for.

Lt-to answer your last post--I was interested in seeing and hearing what the general public had to say about the CPSL and how they were run. There was a time my club was interested in joining the CPSL until we found out many things about how things are run there (too many to list) Their outrageous application fees and franchise fees are way out of whack for a league of that stature.

For everyones information-did you know that if you applied to the CPSL and are turned down--they keep several thousand dollars of your franchise fee! Now let me explain that the franchise application is only 9 pages long and any time they use to investigate the info they require would be minimal, maybe a few hours really. We on the board of The ASL believe they do this several times a year to make money for their own pockets--disgusting. The franchise fee of $75,000 is way out of whack for this level of play--it is more than the Pro Select league in the USL-terrible.

Lastly we are not trying to fracture a league or harm anyone way of making a living playing the beautiful game-The ASL is TRYING to start a new league that does it the right way-beginning to end.

Sir---if you read my posts above I stated the site would be up around the 15th of December. The company that is web hosting for us is constantly getting new info from us and I doubt it will be up earlier than that. Why would you have doubts?-Nothing is other than what you have been told as of yet-we are working (board) hard at trying to field 8 teams for 2004-otherwise the league MAY have to wait till the 2005 season. AS of now we are ready to unviel 4 teams that are in the league and we are presently in contact with 9 (nine) different groups that represent 8 (eight) cities that are wanting to join-maybe some have the standards to join-others we can see obviously do not--it takes time to investigate all of the particulars and do our dilegence-what I can tell you is that only one Canadian city is interested-most of what I have been told is that many of the groups in Canada have been burned or here bad stories about the CPSL,the old CSL/ and even farther back NASL and are not interested in the investment.

Another thing I have learned- as I learn more about the CPSL is I have been contacted at my office by several players in the CPSL--and I have to tell you that all of them-yes all of them tell me that some time or another in this last CPSL season -they were NOT paid or their checks bounced--I am talking abount more than 26 players representing 7 different clubs--this is unreal. CPSL lists itself as a Division 2 league? This will not happen in the new ASL. THe CPSL charges unreal franchise fees and cant pay there players? The league should step in and pay when owners can't but instead the league office just lines their pockets...no fly by night owners are wanted in the ASL--we have a minimum salary as well as a maximum salary-each team has to post a bond to insure their expenses--the CPSL charges $75000 for a new team and $10000 in dues--ASL it is only $25000 and dues is $7500-but we are more particular with investigating the teams finances and budget.

Any other question I will answer the best I can either here or through the boards email at bidpitch1@aol.com

Thank you

quote:Originally posted by cdr9999

I said I will know when it is ready to go--I am not in charge of this aspect of the league--when the web host compiles everything we will let you know here---I stated this before-i guess I have to repeat myself-just for you-

What's the minimum and maximum salary, cdr9999? Is there a team salary cap?

Thanks.

[}:)]Okay......enuff of this sh..........ah stuff .What's your real name , give me a toll free telephone## What's UP??

This is SILLY SEASON in Canadian soccer ........but message board soliciting teams.......C'MON.........ENUFFS .E .NUFF !!! Give us something REAL!!!

[}:)]Okay......enuff of this sh..........ah stuff .What's your real name , give me a toll free telephone## What's UP??

This is SILLY SEASON in Canadian soccer ........but message board soliciting teams.......C'MON.........ENUFFS .E .NUFF !!! Give us something REAL!!!

Archived