England League Cup Dec. 3rd

canadiankick97

Some intresting results today in the English league Cup.

Aston Villa over Crystal Palace 3-0

McCann, Angel, and a Symons own goal there.

Tottenham 3 Man. City 1

Goals from Kanoute, Anderton and Postiga. Man City goal by Fowler

Bolton squeeze by Liverpool in an entertaining game.

After Smicer equalized in the 88th minute, Djorkaeff executed a penalty perfectly in injury time.

Middlesbrough and Everton in extra-time as I write. Not sure if Radz is playing.

Chelsea downed Reading 1-nil

Probably the biggest surprise, West Brom are beating Man United 2-0 and it could have been more had Koumas not missed a penalty. This game is about to wrap-up.

[}:)]But do the top teams care about the Coca-Cola, Milk, Worthington, Carling Cup! Didn't Arsenal field their reserve team and still woop Wolves? So upsets should be the norm as only the teams that find themselves out of FA cup or Champions League places care:(

quote:But do the top teams care about the Coca-Cola, Milk, Worthington, Carling Cup! Didn't Arsenal field their reserve team and still woop Wolves? So upsets should be the norm as only the teams that find themselves out of FA cup or Champions League places care

No the top teams obviously don't give a damn about this cup. A team like Manchester United will play the 38 Premier league games, Champions League games, FA Cup games and Carling Cup games. That's a lot of football. If I was managing these teams I would also rest my best players. I believe that the bottom table Premier League teams are interested because the winner of the cup gets a UEFA Cup spot for the following season(?!?!?)Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Albert

quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

That's a lot of football. If I was managing these teams I would also rest my best players. I believe that the bottom table Premier League teams are interested because the winner of the cup gets a UEFA Cup spot for the following season(?!?!?)Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're correct about the UEFA Cup spot. But I still will refer to the League Cup as the "Worthless Cup".

Archived