please read (Re: new league)

cdr9999

If any of you in this forum know of elite teams in the Ontario region that are interested in joining a new pro league or of teams wishing to form and belong to such a league please give me names and contact numbers..I have been approached by two different groups wishing to form a league with the team I am putting together in Wny..The CPSL is not the way to go. this league would be a grass roots operation with paid players making approx. the same as CPSL players but without the B.S. that seems prevelent we would love to start 2004 with at least 6-8 teams.

Thank you

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do soccer people always fracture instead of consolidate? Why don't you join the CPSL, PDL or PSL and drive change from within?

How do soccer people expect to get support (ie. fans, corporate sponsorship) if there are new leagues and teams popping up left and right?

We need one plan & one vision. Until then 'professional' soccer teams will remain little toys for owners with some disposable income, playing in front of friends and family and getting by on microscopic sponsorship deals with Joe's Garage and Mama's Pizza.

end of rant.

Thank you for your reply--I will quickly answer that. The CPsl charges terribly high franchise fees for their product (the legue we are starting franchise fees would be a fraction of CPSL)-the USL even higher--we want to start a true pro league that has a salary cap, minimum field standards, sponsorship plans, reduced travel costs etc.-a league working together for the common good. After what i have seen the last couple years the CPSL is far from that! USL division of lower soccer (3rd and pdl) is just ridiculous in there approach-thats why so many teams fold--we want solid , build from the ground up pro teams

Web site will be up in a matter of 2-3 weeks, and league is owned operated by the three founding teams with All teams receving % of expansion monies and equal voting rights by all. In other words league charter guarantees no one club has any more power than the other.

AS of now we would look at Onrario , Quebec, NY, Pennsylvania, ohio , Michigan and any other neighboring states--we would want trips to be less than 8 hours or so for ant team to the other. For instance THe Niagara Falls ontario team would only take 4 hours to get to Cleveland and so on

oh please - you are no better than the CPSL.

Are we supposed to believe you came on here Nov 28,realized the CPSL expansion fee was too much and within 3 days contacted investors and starting planning a new league, complete with website?

You obviously never contacted the CPSL and are making financial decisions based on the comments of anonymous posters on this site - real smart.

If you knew anything about the CPSL you would realize that they are using the same basic model that you are - league ownership to founding members. That is one of their biggest problems and you're going down the same path.

Oh, if you're looking for investors, visit www.minorsoccer.com. He's a stand-up guy.

L.T.-I have ben working for months getting a team incorporated and delaying makiing a decision on joining the U.S.L-actually disscusions with them started almost a year ago--when myself and my investors made the step of NOT going into the USL we decided to look else where.

I then started asking questions about the CPSL while all along knowing if it was not right for us that are plan was to start our own league for 2004 or 2005. Its called natural progression--it would be much easier to join a league but we are not going to join one that has the CPSL problems it seems to have/ So we have known for months that the fall back would have to be start our own leaguand that is what we have to do.--It will be a USSF Division 3 league and we have to have 8 teams to be sanctioned-we have 3 now looking for 5 more.

Thats right (unites states soccer federation)--The three existing teams are new teams...to be sanctioned and allowed to play at a Division 3 level you need at least 8 teams, have a budget of more than $100,000 as well as having marketing plans in place etc...it is quite a list but it is things you should have in place and its not difficult to get in place. There are also requirements with your stadium, insurance etc...but like I stated earlier-it is all what you would want anyway.....

Archived