Sportsnet officially SUCKS!!!!!!

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

Sadly, today's accomplishments of the U-20s gets second billing on Sportsnet's soccer page to Alex Ferguson having signed a contract extension with Man U.

Meanwhile, as I write this, the U20s are the top story on TSN's soccer page, and they even appear on TSN's front page while Sportsnet's front page has no mention at all. Uhh, which network is "committed" to Canadian soccer?

I was also disappointed not to hear anything about today's win on The Fan 590 radio in Toronto. After the Czech game they reported the score every 20 minutes, yet today there was nothing. [V]

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

as did Sportsnet on TSN.

Do you mean "Sportscentre on TSN" or "Sportsnet and TSN"? I'm confused! [:o)]

On today's Soccercentral there was, sadly, no mention of a broadcast for the Canada vs. Spain match. However, it seems they did spend the money to send Gerry Dobson & a camera crew down to sunny Fort Lauderdale to provide us with an Olympic Women's team training camp report.

I don't want to complain about the great coverage of the women's team, but its tough not to be skeptical about some of the financial decision being made here, particularly as lack of money appears to be the main reason the U20 matches have not been televised here.

Archived