Voyageurs Cup=national champ, lets make it happen

hamiltonfan

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

DJT or matt do you think you'll e-mail companys about sponsorship??

Read my previous posts. We have to become far more organized and focused before that can happen. It is not worth e-mailing potential sponsors at this point.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Voyageurs voted in the past not to become more organized. We would need to go through the whole process again to change that.

At this point there isn't even a reason to get sponsors. First of all, what do we need the money for? Secondly, what are we going to offer the sponsors in return?

I don't think this whole sponsor discussion is useful

I wonder why sponsors are needed in order to give a title

My point about the V-cup issue is the following :

Just ask the CSA to recognize the V-Cup winner as the canadian champion

The V-Cup format is good, no need to change it

Just change the title of the winner from "V-Cup winner" to "Champion of Canada"

No more organization or money needed in order to do that

Just an authorization of the CSA

They say yes, that's good, they refuse, so bad...

DJT - I believe Hamiltonfan's sponsorship suggestion is to get someone to sponsor an actual VCup final.

Hamiltonfan - I don't know what kinds of organizations you've ever dealt with, but it takes a lot of discussion and preparation to get anything done. If that time and work is not done, you come off looking like a total amateur, and there's no sponsor on earth that will bother with you.

Again, read my earlier posts. Getting ourselves better organized does not entail saying "we are organized". It means figuring out who makes decisions, and how. What the organization does with outside input. What happens when things go wrong. Who does what. And as DJT pointed out, the Voyageurs have historically resisted that kind of organization--it's probably why the movement has survived so well for so long.

Bxl Boy - I do see your point, but again, there are a lot of Voyageurs who don't want anything at all to do with the CSA. There is a lot more discussion required before we can go forward with an idea like this. If you don't believe me, look up the list of the donators, for a start, and get a consensus from those 38 different people!

By the way, I don't mean to be terse or dismissive with my answers. However there are some serious realities here that everyone must accept before we can move forward with any major changes to the VCup. If you don't believe me, check out the discussions on the old board from last july and august--just concerning the style and the source for the trophy.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Archived