bircham to spuds?

shaku_bert

even the QPR board had a chortle at this one

http://www.tribalfootball.com/november/englsnews3161103.html

Tottenham to add second Canadian in QPR's Birchman

tribalfootball.com - November 16, 2003

Tottenham caretaker boss David Pleat is considering a move for QPR midfielder Marc Bircham.

The Canadian international was watched by Pleat last week and could provide the steel needed to stiffen Tottenham's midfield.

The Star on Sunday says Spurs are ready to make QPR an offer for Bircham in January.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Well you sent me on a search, nothing QPR premtv site, nothing BBC football, Skysports planetfootball site , has one story about QPR denying interest in Tottenham's Dean Marney.Sounds like soccer talk , rumour to me[^]

Sky Sports had a quick clip on Bircham regarding the rumour last night.

The clip showed him wearing his Canada jersey (Ireland match) ...

I think if any of this is true and Marc actually makes the first team, it would be great for the national team.

But hey, if you don't set the bar high you'll never accomplish anything great.

Sometimes you need a guy like Marc, with loads of heart. It sets an example to the rest of the team, to move their a** and give it all they've got.

All the best to Marc.

Funny how people are doubting Marc's ability to play Prem football.... he was a star with Millwall when they challenged for promotion, and received several Premiership offers.

Have that many of you on here seen him play outside of the Canuck Nats? Colin Miller isn't exactly inspiring...

And why would Marc go to a Prem club now? If that was his intention, he would have done that after leaving Millwall. He loves QPR, and the hoops are top of Div 2, so why would he possibly want to leave?

Archived