AFC Wimbledon vs Wimbledon FC

argh1

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Slightly O/T, but their friends FC United of Manchester also got promoted (for the 3rd successive year). They did it by finishing second in the UniBond first-division and winning the playoffs.

It's funny you mention these boys. My cousin played for them for a while, scored on his debut I believe as well, and helped them to get promoted last year. I haven't spoken to him in a while but he isn't on the roster anymore, so Im assuming his injuries built up and were a bit too much. He's only early 20's, so hopefully he can get back with FCUM and help them continue their climb up the divisions.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
quote:Originally posted by argh1

Inching closer..........

If AFC Wimnledon get promoted to Blue Square Premier or Conference National or whatever it's called that is one huge accomplishment in a short period of time.

... and they have! Barring a miracle that is. They sit atop the Conference South by 3 points with one match to play. Unless Hampton and Richmond can make-up a 13 goal differential on the final day then AFC Wimbledon will win the league and be promoted automatically.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news.php?Psection_id=2&Psub_section_id=1&Open=4109#4109

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

I am very seriously rooting for both AFC and FCUM! FCUM because I am a Man United fan (yes, I realize the contradiction!) and AFC because Wimbledon/MKD really skrewed the fans.

I'm a FCUM and a Man. United fan. No contradiction there, most FC United fans are also Man. United fans.

This weekend's draw against BPA kept FC United out of the playoffs, very disappointing, but still a very good season. I think they have a good chance at winning the Unibond Premier League next year.

Archived