El Salvador-Canada 2004 qualifier Game Thread (R)

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

I'm listening to the radio link on the thread indicated below, thanks for that tip guys. It is found simply clicking on the player of your choice at the top of the home page at www.radioguanaca.com

Will try to give regular updates and get at least the Canadian line-up.

They say with a few minutes to go that the crowd is a bit small, less than expected. Better for us.

Nice orchestral version of our hymn playing, well arranged. So far so good.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.

Canada, that was fast but I got:

Karim

Oppong, Marshall, Braz, Chris Williams

Atiba, someone they call Michael, who is Klukowski I think, de Guzman, Pozniak.

Maycoll Cañizalez and Tam Nsaliwa (odd for him to be listed as striker by them).

The El Salvador star is Quintanilla the DC United player.

Guest Jeffery S.

First minutes, El Salvador controls the ball and is playing fast, had an early corner.

m. 3 Canada gets a weak shot on El Salvador keeper.

Guest Jeffery S.

Would Williams be a left back and Pozniak a left midfielder, in any case Williams is back on one side and Poz with him on the same side.

Sounds like Kluka is the attacking midfielder.

We have more play and more ball now, pressuring up high and getting the ball back quickly.

Quintanilla puts in a cross but it does not find anyone. About m. 8.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I'm listening to the radio link on the thread indicated below, thanks for that tip guys. It is found simply clicking on the player of your choice at the top of the home page at www.radioguanaca.com

Will try to give regular updates and get at least the Canadian line-up.

They say with a few minutes to go that the crowd is a bit small, less than expected. Better for us.

Nice orchestral version of our hymn playing, well arranged. So far so good.

Jeffery,

Can you tell me the name of the link that I need to click on on that page to listen to the web cast?

Guest Jeffery S.

m. 11 Karim pulls down a dangerous cross, his first intervention.

For those listening ES has Castro in goal

González, Carranca, another Castro in defence, plus Pacheco.

Torres, Sanchez, Zalaya and Aldama in the midfield.

Quintanilla and one called Cabrera up front. That is the whole squad.

m. 13 Karim pulls down another dangerous intrusion. ES pressuring for the last 3 minutes. They get a corner kick. Karim nabs it out of the air.

Guest Jeffery S.

All they are doing is accurately calling the play, in detail. Seems there are two guys calling the play, shifting from one to the other.

See above for the webpage, just click on Real player or Winamp and listen in.

m. 17 still scoreless. ES gets a long free kick and sets up. Marshall just barely clears it. They get a corner and play it out. Goes for a goal kick.

I was just thinking the same thing Tyler. This guy must be paid by the word; he's a machine!

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

i think you'll know when there's a goal. lol

from a completely ignorant anglo perspective, this is hilarious. can you imagine Gerry, Bobby, Craig et al like this?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

All they are doing is accurately calling the play, in detail. Seems there are two guys calling the play, shifting from one to the other.

I'm sure that's all it is, and I like it to boot. However, it's such an obvious clash of cultures that it comes across as being a little funny. I can't wait until somebody pots one.

Guest Jeffery S.

m. 21 ES still pressuring up high. Hand called vs. Canada and they get a free kick. Could be dangerous. Canada sets up the wall. It just goes high.

Their high balls find our tall central defense (think it is Braz and Marshall), though we are having some probs in getting control in the midfield.

I don't get the impression that the crowd is overly noisy. They say that especially the cheap seats are full, but the main stands are a bit empty.

m. 24 still scoreless. Pozniak, wearing no. 5, takes a yellow card. Another dangerous free kick. That goes for a goal kick.

They are advertising a DVD with the best plays of Magico González, available on their web site.

I correct the alignment, Pozniak I think is behind Williams, can anyone help me on where Chris Williams would normally play and what side?

Guest Jeffery S.

Longish interruption for a political speech, speaking about an election. The politician is asking for a vote and for voters to get others to vote for him to. The first round of the election is on the 21st.

Back to the game. ES is dominating for the past 20 minutes.

m. 31 Seems Atiba got injured and is hurting. In any case we have not heard his name at all, he is not in the game.

And ES gets another free kick up close. We are defending hard and taking fouls to keep their good passing game out of the box.

Guest Jeffery S.

Longish interruption for a political speech, speaking about an election. The politician is asking for a vote and for voters to get others to vote for him to. The first round of the election is on the 21st.

Back to the game. ES is dominating for the past 20 minutes.

m. 31 Seems Atiba got injured and is hurting. In any case we have not heard his name at all, he is not in the game.

And ES gets another free kick up close. We are defending hard and taking fouls to keep their good passing game out of the box.

Archived