Aguiar doubtful for games

canadiankick97

Guest Georgio

One explanation could be that Paul's team of little swimmers are as ineffective as his play for the Nats. There may actually be a correlation between the success of a footballer and his/her ability to procreate. Aguiar and Hume have a successfull year .... splish!, splash! ... a baby is due. There you have it: Survival of the fittest :)

quote:Originally posted by Alex M

Fenwick has done more for this country that you could in 10 lifetimes. He might suck on the International stage but know that he could destroy you and me at soccer any time he chose to.

Alex

Let me add to that--he's also a hell of a nice guy. He told me that his career goal was to play for Canada because representing one's country is the highest possible thing anyone can aspire to. And this was soon after he joined Hibs.

But you're right, let's all get behind Radz because he deigns to play for the team and is good enough to earn our praise. Loving your country and coming whenever you're called is obviously secondary.

Maybe we should send a card to Hargreaves while we're at it?

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Ouch.

Good one! Sharpen those teeth!

Aguiar? Whatever. Maybe he's just unlucky with his timing. But like I wrote, whatever. I have yet see anyone who was left out of Holgers' rosters but included in Miller's who we'll miss 1% if they disappear again. Maybe Fernado would have been the first.

As for Mr. Fenwick, I've been his defender too long already. If he isn't playing with Hib's, he'll not play with Canada. Too bad. He was showing some of the old Paul's bite last year.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

As for Mr. Fenwick, I've been his defender too long already. If he isn't playing with Hib's, he'll not play with Canada. Too bad. He was showing some of the old Paul's bite last year.

I'm not arguing he should be selected for Canada. I get very annoyed, though, about the kind of thing that's said about him on this board.

I know people are frustrated at his selection (although it's obviously not only Holger who sees value in calling him). But those feelings seem to quickly degenerate into nastiness and name calling. Maybe I shouldn't bother to wade in--I know I'm not going to win this argument. But it's wrong and it's very maddening.

Fenwick has been on CIS and CSL championship teams. He's played on one of the best Scottish teams outside of the old firm. He's played for Canada for years, and his dedication and commitment to the team has never been in question. The argument that he was never any good is kind of hard to support. The argument that he is still of value to Canada is obviously debatable. But the constant name-calling and trash-talking of the man on a board that supposedly supports Canadians playing soccer is just appalling, and I'm not content to sit and watch it happening.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

And on that same note Fenwick can't be blamed for this shotty defensive performance. Irelands 1st and 3rd goals where caused by horrible defensive breakdowns. Yet if Fenwick had started he would have been the first person blamed.

He can't be the scapegoat today!

Archived