Canadians abroad: November 14-20, 2003

DJT

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for November 14-20, 2003.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Guest Jeffery S.

This weekends's games below.

DJT, I think re your comments on the other thread, that if visitors get used to the idea that this is the spot to check for any updates all week, they'll come back and find the juicy mid-week stuff. So maybe we don't have to worry about altering the thread title as I had suggested, just leave it like this. As there is no point in worrying about who starts the thread, you can do it as I guess I can't make it a sticky from here anyways.

This weekend's games:

Tonight Davide Xausa is doubtful as is nursing an injury for tonight's Falkirk-Raith Rovers. Scotland also has Bottiglieri for Greenock Morton on Sunday at East Fife. The team is way in front in 2nd Div.

Hasting's team Maastricht is away to Cambur tonight, he is with the nats in Prague.

Saturday the 15th:

The big game is San José taking on Kansas City at home in the MLS west semifinal, with Onstad sure to be in goal. De Rosario is still listed as doubtful, hopefully he'll be ready for next week if they get into the final.

England matches Saturday include Norwich-Watford, think Brennan is not set as a starter and I imagine Godfrey is with our kids.

2nd division, Barnsley is home to Hume's Tranmere, QPR takes on Plymouth with as we know Bircham with the club (Bent too?), while in 3rd division Bristol Rovers host Dunfield's Bury.

Finally, Klukowski's team is in an early Belgian Cup round away to Verviers on Sunday. La Louvière are holders. Mike is with the Olympic team in El Salvador.

De Rosario will be ready to play according to the latest news out of San Jose. Probably good for a late sub if required. The game is live on FSWC tomorrow.

English 1st Division

Norwich 1 Watford 2

No Brennan

English 2nd Division

Barnsley 2 Tranmere 0

Hume played 74 mins

QPR 3 Plymouth 0

Bircham played 90 mins, Bent played 57

Wycombe 1 Brentford 2

No Rogers

English 3rd Division

Bristol Rovers 1 Bury 2

No Dunfield

Guest Jeffery S.

More games of Canuck teams without our boys.

Falkirk beat Raith Rovers and Xausa did not dress, still injured. Falkirk goes top in Div. 1 Scotland.

Hasting's MVV Maastricht beat Cambur away 1-3 and for the first time this season are not at the bottom of the league. Just the 2nd win in 14 games, but the 2nd in the last 4.

Originally posted by Ed on the other forum - Nov 15, 2003, 8:50 PM</u>

Jeremy Shepherd scored today for Hertha Berlin's U19s as they beat Werder Bremen 5-1 in the North/Northeast division of the Junioren Bundesliga. Jeremy scored in the 1st half to give his side a 2-0 lead heading into the 2nd half. He was subbed out of his midfield spot in the 78th minute with his club ahead 4-1.

Originally posted by Ed on the other forum - Nov 16, 2003, 5:22 PM</u>

Game report surprisingly has Dylan Hughes playing as striker for 1. FC Kaiserslautern's U19s today as they drew SSV Ulm 1-1, despite being down to 9 men early in the 2nd half. No sign (as expected) of Nik Ledgerwood with 1860 Muenchen.

Originally posted by Alberto - 11/17/2003 : 11:49:34</u>

This past weekend AC Milan Juniores Player Julian Uccello scores his second game winner for his team. His entry in the second half at the 75 minute mark and his goal at the 83 rd minute of the game gave his team a 2 - 1 result. His goal mismerzied the (1st place team in the league) Cremonese keeper with a bullet strike outside the 18 yard in the bottom corner. This victory kept the Juniores just 2 points from them in the league. He seems to have adjusted well with his new teammates. Forza Milan---Forza Juniores----Forza Uccello

SETTORE GIOVANILE: I RISULTATI DEL WEEKEND

17 novembre 2003 11:34

MILANO - Le partite del settore giovanile rossonero disputate sabato 16 e domenica 16 novembre 2003:

Primavera: Udinese - Milan 2-0.

Esordienti provinciali '92: Milan-Aldini Bariviera 1-0 (gol di Mancuso).

Berretti: Milan-Cremonese: 2-1 (reti di Marzeglia e Uccello per il Milan).

Allievi Nazionali '87: Cremonese-Milan 1-1 (gol di Astori per il Milan).

Allievi Regionali '88: Lumezzane-Milan 1-1 (gol di Vitofrancesco per il Milan).

Giovanissimi Nazionali '89: Milan-Inter 1-3 (gol di Angelè per il Milan).

Giovanissimi Regionali '90: Albinoleffe-Milan 1-5 (doppietta di Formica e reti di Senicanin, Boni e Paloschi per il Milan).

Esordienti Regionali '91: Monza-Milan 1-1 (gol di Schenetti).

On the WSC they have a site open about Julian and his stats with his previous club, intersting stats I must say.

http://www.wscstrikers.com/Players/j_uccello.htm

Guest Jeffery S.

Srdjan Djekanovic's Zeleznicar of Belgrade had a scoreless tie with BASK in Serbia third tier, Belgrade Division. If Srdjan played, which I think he did, it would be his fifth straight game without a goal against. That is 450 minutes and running.

The team is fourth in the division, with only three losses all to upper table teams. Though they are a bit back of the leader with half the season gone. Info on them can be seen at http://www.rsssf.com/tablesj/joeg3-04.html

Srdjan is getting attention from higher level teams from what I have heard.

Archived