Canada friendlies on satellite TV

Jarrek

That's terrible news about the Czech match, but surely the fact that Sky is carrying the Canada-Ireland match means that either Sportsnet or Fox Sports World Canada will show that one. After all, FSWC and Sky are owned by the same parent company so it shouldn't cost FSWC anything to get the rights to the match.

quote:

parent company so it shouldn't cost FSWC anything to get the rights to the match

Not so. Even if they are owned by the same parent company FSWC will have to compensate SKY for the rights to the match. SKY compensates the producers of the Ireland-Canada game. It's the way business works.

2:30 p.m. eastern? That's perfect if true! Kudos to Sportsnet for picking this up.

What time does the Czech game kickoff? Sigma, any clever suggestions about how to follow it? Staring at live score.com is horrible. It's doubly so when it's 30 minutes behind and you convince yourself you drew with Estonia only to find out you blew it in the end.

cheers,

matthew

Didn't someone post a link to a bunch of intenational TV stations here or was that a different message board? I checked out fotbal.idnes.cz and was totally flumoxed. I'm useless with slavic languages. I'll see what I can get with the text updates and I'm sure goal scorers and the like will be updated here. I might just watch the Scotland match and follow Canada in the second half.

Sigma, can I request a copy of the tape once you get it? I'm sure there will be lots, so I can re-distrubute in the west if you want . . .

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Didn't someone post a link to a bunch of intenational TV stations here or was that a different message board? I checked out fotbal.idnes.cz and was totally flumoxed. I'm useless with slavic languages. I'll see what I can get with the text updates and I'm sure goal scorers and the like will be updated here. I might just watch the Scotland match and follow Canada in the second half.

Sigma, can I request a copy of the tape once you get it? I'm sure there will be lots, so I can re-distrubute in the west if you want . . .

cheers,

matthew

That might have been me that you are referring to. The Libya game hame was available on line. There are many TV stations with a web feed that can be found through this portal:

www.wwitv.com

once at that link look up the TV station using the link listing the countries. Good luck

I just checked out this site and TV Prima IS ONE OF THE CHANNELLS LISTED. It looks like we might be able to follow this game online

here is the direct link http://www.prima-tv.cz/tvarchiv/?&a=TVARCHIV

quote:

WOW ...I just checked out this site and TV Prima IS ONE OF THE CHANNELLS LISTED. It looks like we might be able to follow this game online

No we won't. It's not a live feed.

TV Prima N Recorded streams available on website.

quote:

The Libya game hame was available on line.

The Lybia game was also available on Free to Air Satellite. As far as the online version, the server went down just before the game started, so no one was able to watch the game.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Staring at live score.com is horrible. It's doubly so when it's 30 minutes behind and you convince yourself you drew with Estonia only to find out you blew it in the end.

Actually I always find LIVESCORE to be very up-to-date. Someone scores and it appears within a minute on LIVESCORE....

However, following friendlies on LIVESCORE is like pulling teeth! The purpose of friendlies is NOT the actual score of the game. So unless the game is on TV there's no point in following it through any other internet method!

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Actually I always find LIVESCORE to be very up-to-date. Someone scores and it appears within a minute on LIVESCORE....
There is confusion here. Livescore is very up-to-date with respect to their scores. However, they have problems getting their clocks right. They usually start their clocks right at the time that each half is supposed to kickoff, but of course in reality games don't always work that way.

So here is what often happens. Livescore says it's the 90th minute and the score is 0-0. A minute later the score changes to 1-0 and the time of the goal is reported as the 75th minute. So naturally one might think that they were slow by 15 minutes in getting that goal posted, but in reality the game is only in the 75th minute. At this point Livescore's clock will sometimes change back to the correct time, but usually it doesn't (sometimes it may be removed altogether and only that little blinking light will remain (it's like they're saying they have no clue what the time is and decided to give up!)). I've seen this happen a lot in South American games because they don't stick to scheduled times very strictly down there (ever notice how long Argentinian haftime breaks are?). This is basically what happened in the Estonia game.

I don't know how Livescore gets its updates, but what they need to do is have that source also tell them when each half is actually kicking off.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

I've seen this happen a lot in South American games because they don't stick to scheduled times very strictly down there (ever notice how long Argentinian haftime breaks are?). This is basically what happened in the Estonia game.

I don't know how Livescore gets its updates, but what they need to do is have that source also tell them when each half is actually kicking off.

It would also be cool if LIVESCORE could continue updating the minute after they reach the 90th minute. I'm not sure why they stop counting up at 90!? And if someone scores in the 3rd minute of stoppage time, record the goal as occuring in the 93rd minute like they do in Serie A (don't just put 90th minute - because then if 2 or more goals are scored in stoppage time we don't know the order in which they were scored). Also it would be nice for them to display the stoppage time expected next to the actual minute (92, 93, or whatever). At least for the top leagues in the world these features shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Thanks for the clarification DJT. I just remember seeing 90 minute gone in Estonia and the score was 1-1. I was waiting for it to say FINAL of whatever and it seemed like forever (10-15 at least). Since no one plays 10 minutes of injury time I assumed it was done, but obviously Estonia scored late. The goal was reported so long after the 90 that I had waiting the 10-15 and then posted about the 1-1 result before they finally had 2-1 final.

I guess I'll try a combination of idnes.cz; eurosport and livescore.

cheers,

matthew

It would also be cool if LIVESCORE could continue updating the minute after they reach the 90th minute. I'm not sure why they stop counting up at 90!?

Yeah, I agree. This problem isn't exclusive to Livescore, though --- Sportsnet does the same thing!

quote:And if someone scores in the 3rd minute of stoppage time, record the goal as occuring in the 93rd minute like they do in Serie A (don't just put 90th minute - because then if 2 or more goals are scored in stoppage time we don't know the order in which they were scored).
I agree again. However, again this isn't exclusive to Livescore. I find there are many places that consider any goal scored in injury time as having been scored in the 45th or 90th minute, or maybe "45+" or "90+". My favourite way of handling injury time goals is the way I do it on the Voyageurs Cup site, which I picked up from uefa.com: "90+2" is the second minute of second-half injury time, as opposed to "92" which is the second minute of extra time.

Thanks for the clarification DJT. I just remember seeing 90 minute gone in Estonia and the score was 1-1. I was waiting for it to say FINAL of whatever and it seemed like forever (10-15 at least). Since no one plays 10 minutes of injury time I assumed it was done, but obviously Estonia scored late. The goal was reported so long after the 90 that I had waiting the 10-15 and then posted about the 1-1 result before they finally had 2-1 final.

Yup, I was following it as well and I remember all that confusion and frustration.

quote:I guess I'll try a combination of idnes.cz; eurosport and livescore.
Yet another source is http://www.sportpress.com. (That site is also good for league stats that the more common sites don't have.)

Archived