2005 FIFA CWC to take place in Canada!

Montry

We don't have the stadia. We only need two, but we don't have those two, unless we lay down grass over Field Turf or artifical somewhere. I can't see them playing on Field Turf. Even then we'd have to have one of our teams in it. When we have no guarantee that they have the support. Why do that when you can go to Mexico and guarantee 100,000 for Necaxa. Or guarantee decent crowds for every game in the US.

I think this tourney is pretty Mickey Mouse and frankly I'm not too bothered about it.

Do you really think in a year or two FIFA will throw us a bone because they owe us? I don't think they give a flying **** and we're not big enough to placate. I haven't seen them bending over backwards to compensate South Africa lately.

cheers,

matthew

yea theres pretty much no chance in hell we're getting this. say we did......and they allowed feild truf to be played on.......so that means the stadiums could be obviously Edmonton, as it has nartural gras......and then Winnipeg and Ottawa .... As far as i can think those are the only studiums with field turf that are big enough for this sort of thing...But i think attendance would be very average at best. And whoever we chose to rep. canada would get slaughtered by the top clubs from europe and mexico...I think think it would do much to help the game in Canada.

The US media is already reporting that most likely it will be here. We enough quality large stadia and this event will be guarenteed to turn a profit. Games between "lesser" known teams can be played at Crew Stadium, Galaxy's Victoria Street, and Dallas' new stadium. Even the Battery's stadium could be utilized. It would be a great way to showcase MLS' finest stadia. I can't wait to see a match in the Home Depot Center.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=281899&cc=5901

The US media is already reporting that most likely it will be here. We enough quality large stadia and this event will be guarenteed to turn a profit. Games between "lesser" known teams can be played at Crew Stadium, Galaxy's Victoria Street, and Dallas' new stadium. Even the Battery's stadium could be utilized. It would be a great way to showcase MLS' finest stadia. I can't wait to see a match in the Home Depot Center.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=281899&cc=5901

Archived