Redneck's anti-soccer letter

Andrew W

Holy crap. That was the funniest thing to be posted on this board for days. Funnier even than the Northboys, if you can believe that.

Those follow-up letters were priceless. I loved the guy who felt that the rise of soccer was taking away from Western European culture, which should include only the following: high school football and the ten commandments.

I think I'm going to subscribe to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Why waste your time on chatrooms and newsgroups if you're got gold like this? I give you a headline from today's edition:

"Killings top 100 with 2 'busy' months ahead"

About Pittsburgh's 99th and 100th murders this year.

Sold!

Allez les Rouges,

M@

quote:Originally posted by mattbin

Holy crap. That was the funniest thing to be posted on this board for days. Funnier even than the Northboys, if you can believe that.

Those follow-up letters were priceless. I loved the guy who felt that the rise of soccer was taking away from Western European culture, which should include only the following: high school football and the ten commandments.

I think I'm going to subscribe to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Why waste your time on chatrooms and newsgroups if you're got gold like this? I give you a headline from today's edition:

"Killings top 100 with 2 'busy' months ahead"

About Pittsburgh's 99th and 100th murders this year.

Sold!

Allez les Rouges,

M@

I love the Western European thing as well. Last time I checked, most western Euro nations were full of soccer-loving blasphemers! :D

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

Any of you who are on the USLdiscussion site might have seen this letter to the editor in a Pittsburgh paper. Too funny, yet scary too.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/letters/s_160367.html

Hard to tell if he's being sarcastic or not! Is he serious? Soccer - no skill? Well, that just goes to show how afraid (older) Americans are of soccer. Deep down I think they all know soccer will be the #1 sport in the U.S. in 30-40 years time. Alot of red-necks and longtime sports-writers are not gonna like it, but that's just too bad! They can just move to ... oh wait! That's right! They'll have NO place to move to (where soccer isn't big)! That's a shame.

funny, does it also mean that the 'roid business will take a turn for the worst if these brain-washed american kids cont' to play this (extremely LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) sport of terrorists.

obviously, he does not realize, american football uses the foot in a limited basis for the entire game, go figure??? and it is called football

didn't american football de-evolve out of saccer.

haha yea...american football did come from soccer....kinda like soccer and rugby mixed together....

i like dthe one at the letter at the bottom about the Harlan guy being foreign too....hehe .... i really think the guy must have been joking.....i havn't met many americans who are THAT ignorant (although there's one i know who might be that bad)

I love unitentionally funny letters to the editor. Right now I'm living in a city that had a smoking ban campiagn plus a provincial election.

Things I've learned: Our forefathers fought two World Wars so we have the right to smoke in bars.

If Osama bin Laden ran Canada we would be allowed to smoke (therefore people who are against smoking are worse than the Taliban?!)

and my current favourite: The People of the Sask Party . . . are in my mind the sons and daughters of Satan. The Burning FIres of Hell await them. (The Sask Party is the provincial version of the Reform).

I did like the line about western-European civilization though. A very nice touch.

cheers,

matthew

• 1 year later...

Archived