BIRCHAM BRANCHES OUT

northboys

Tuesday October 07, 2003

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BIRCHAM BRANCHES OUT

LONDON(NB) - Canadian midfielder Marc Bircham has branched out from the soccer pitch.

The born-and-bred Londoner, who was recently in the running for his native city's Sportsman of the Year award, has just released his first album of original music.

The CD proudly displays his penchant for everyman lyrics and basic rhyming.

"If I can learn the words to the Canadian anthem, then I can sing anything. That's when I realized that, indeed, I can make as much of a difference with my voice as I can with my…skills," Bircham trailed off.

-------

To read the rest of this piece and hear Bircham's debut single Under The Umbrella Tree, head to http://www.freewebs.com/northboys/

Yes way too much time. But brilliant anyway. My stupid computer is having problems with real player, but that album cover is fantastic. As is the title of track 7. Vinnie Jones concurs no doubt.

Do we know for sure who North Boys is? I have my guesses, but they're a very welcome addition indeed.

cheers,

matthew

Yes way too much time. But brilliant anyway. My stupid computer is having problems with real player, but that album cover is fantastic. As is the title of track 7. Vinnie Jones concurs no doubt.

Do we know for sure who North Boys is? I have my guesses, but they're a very welcome addition indeed.

cheers,

matthew

Those who know him in person, knew right away. It was just too obvious.

A hint: The name North Boys is/was actually the name conceived by the Toronto based Voyageurs in Boston. I guess sort of the Ultras' alter ego while supporting the national team.

Ok, ok..to give specific credit, I give you the first known documented instance of the North Boys name:

http://www.xdesign.net/torontoultras/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1576

:)

Just a little history lesson ;)

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Hey NorthBoys ;) How about changing your name to NorthBoys-TotalSoccer seeing as how your boards are over-run with Ziggy :)

too funny...I had to block about 6 attempts before he gave up on my forum (ontariosoccerweb.com). He's now totally infested the CPSL forum as well as the Northboys.

Are you kidding me? Is that really Ziggy posting at the Northboys forum as "total soccer"? I had assumed that those posts were made by Northboy himself as a form of humor. Actually I had thought they were quite brilliant.

If that's really Ziggy then he is more pathetic than I thought.

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

too funny...I had to block about 6 attempts before he gave up on my forum (ontariosoccerweb.com). He's now totally infested the CPSL forum as well as the Northboys.

Jarrek and I had to block at least a dozen attempts here (under different aliases). I think the North Boys forum is just perfect for him.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Okay, I need a briefing...I get that the North Boys is a group of Toronto guys...but, who is Ziggy?

Ziggy is apparently this crazy guy who spams spams spams spams and who forced the closure of the CSA board.

I thought Ziggy had become extinct, but from the sounds of things he's still up to his old tricks. If he's been so active trying to post on various soccer boards, I wonder why hasn't he taken over the old Voyageurs board, which of course doesn't require sign in? Or have the mods been kept busy deleting his stuff as well as ms.com's?

Archived