Swedish canadians Oct 5-7 [R]

Dandal

Not much good news today. Kenny Stamatopoulos Enköpings SK lost 0-1 at home against Malmö FF with Kenny playing the full game as usual. Östers IF were defeated away by IF Elfsborg 4-0. Atiba Hutchinson not playing, yellow card suspension. Finally Örebro SK with Chris Pozniak playing 87 minutes lost a tight game against Örgryte IS 1-2. Örebro played with only 10 for 60 minutes after a red card at 34'. Will this canadian losing streak continue tonight?? :D

The word is that Chris Pozniak has been offered a new contract with Örebro and that he is "considering his options". I have no idea what these might be.

OK, most of us thought Nikola Budalic's stay with Örebro SK finished late september. But yesterday when Örebro reserves demolished Västerås 8-0, Budalic played full match, scored twice and made a major contribution to a couple of other goals. Örebro management were disappointed in the match, since with crap opposition like that it was not possible to tell if any of their own players were good enough for the A-team. Still, Budalic hasn't got and will not get a contract for the next season.

Östers IF annonuced today that Jamie Peters probably will arrive for his trial with the team next friday, October 17.

Just I little quote from Örebro's fansite on the reserves match against Västerås, that I thought you'd enjoy reading:

"It was impressing to see how hard Nikola Budalic worked throughout the match. Respect to the somewhat mistreated canadian who never got a fair chance in Lundin's squad but still never complained or went crying to the press."

Archived