Mark Watson for Canada?

mikey

Wanted to get your opinions about Mark Watson and his reported return to the Canadian National team. He has been great here in Charleston for the past couple seasons playing central Defender. I'm not really familiar with the Candian Mens team system but Mark with a back 4 here in Charleston has worked great.

Also has Rick Titus ever gotten a cap? he has been playing Midfield here in Charleston. His size and tenacity have definately helped our midfield control more than we have in the past. even though I know he played Defense most of last year with the Rapids.

Thanks in advance

Mikey

Dealing with your 2nd question first, Rick T. was overpassed by the nitwits who run Cdn national teams and just a year or so ago decided to hell with it, and got capped by T&T (don't know if it was an official cap).

Regarding Watson, he will be called up for a friendly against Finland Oct 11th. He lacks pace for the international game but has been a strong, tough defender for us over the years.

Dealing with your 2nd question first, Rick T. was overpassed by the nitwits who run Cdn national teams and just a year or so ago decided to hell with it, and got capped by T&T (don't know if it was an official cap).

Regarding Watson, he will be called up for a friendly against Finland Oct 11th. He lacks pace for the international game but has been a strong, tough defender for us over the years.

Inclined to be skeptical about Watson's call up. Mr. Miller is going with what he knows, or thinks he still knows. He's a hard man that Watson and can put on an ugly face which you've just got to love out of a central defender but Ed's dead right. Too slow, all his creative offensive passes have always been purely accidental, and the only one who'll be happy to see him on the pitch is going to be Paul Fenwick 'cause then the Voyageurs will have a new target.

Oh my God. What have we come to? First Dasovic and now Watson. Please let me be wrong.

As for Titus, he looked good this season from what little I saw. Good to see. Don't think when all said and done his closet is going to be full of a whole lot of caps though. I've a bit of a foggy mind but I believe he's cap tied to T & T now untell death dose them apart.

quote:Originally posted by mikey

Also has Rick Titus ever gotten a cap? he has been playing Midfield here in Charleston.

Rick has been capped by T&T while playing in a tournament in the

Caribbean. Unfortunately it looks like T&T capped him for that

reason only and played him very limited minutes.

Titus is pretty talented but unfortunately the CSA at the time have not thought enough of his talents to include him. (Probably because he did not think much of Holger and the CSA in the first place ...);)

Nice to see he's doing well in the A-League.

quote:Originally posted by mikey

Also has Rick Titus ever gotten a cap? he has been playing Midfield here in Charleston.

Rick has been capped by T&T while playing in a tournament in the

Caribbean. Unfortunately it looks like T&T capped him for that

reason only and played him very limited minutes.

Titus is pretty talented but unfortunately the CSA at the time have not thought enough of his talents to include him. (Probably because he did not think much of Holger and the CSA in the first place ...);)

Nice to see he's doing well in the A-League.

thanks for your inputs.

I didn'think Titus had been capped by Canada but during the FSW of the A-league Cahmpion game the announcers kept referring to him as a Canadian international. But these are the same announcers that have gotten score lines and info wrong all season.

I was going to speak to Watson on Sunday but didn't get a chance. He was playing in a local charity match, as a foward no less and scored a goal. Of course it was against a bunch of local chefs.

by the way I love this quote by Mark:

“I've found the smaller, faster players, they're not so fast when they're lying on the grass. It tends to slow them down a bit.” -- Mark Watson

mikey

Archived