Sign in to follow this  
Duane Rollins1555362254

Canada-Argentina result thread (R)

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

10 min in...

no score

Are our girls aware that they can hold the ball for more than two seconds?

Horrible start. Argentina looks to be the better side. Forget scoring seven goals -- just win....

kick, kick, kick the ball to Argentina. Pellerud should try coaching during the game.

On the up note.. Helen is looking pretty good. And she actually critiqued the team so, hey, that's something.

Yeah, but she also said that a 4-2-4 lineup was a pretty good one, when in fact all it did was give us 4 forwards who do nothing.

We just got to go for broke now and try for 7. Cus a 6 goal win or 6 goal loss won't made any difference. Either way we'll need to beat Japan to advance!

From the CSA ticker:

"79 - Latham makes it 2-0 when she hammers home her own rebound. Lang provided the cross and Latham hit a great header which Ferro did well to save but the ball fell to Latham who volleyed it home "

Can not understand why Evan isn't using the bench? One of our biggest strenghts going into the tournment was susposed to be our depth. Every single one of our players are underachiving.

There's no excuse for coming out so flat this game. I'm really at a loss for words!

Um...

Highlights =

1- Latham - The only Canadian player to show up.

2- The play where the ball bounced off the crossbar and dinged the Argentine keeper in the head. It was the most entertaining moment of the game.

3- The final whistle.

Lowlights

1 - Was Sinclair on the pitch?

2- Time of possession...Argentina 60%, Canada 40%

3- I will never get that 90 minutes of my life back. That very well could have been the worst soccer game I have ever seen. And I'm Canadian so....

Um...

2- Time of possession...Argentina 60%, Canada 40%

40% possession!?! I would have though less. After all, it only takes a second or less to kick the ball back to the opposition.