Canada vs Australia predictions

mtlfan

This match to be played at Queen's University on Sunday Sept 14 will be our teams last before they embark on their quest for what we as Canadians have never experienced. Winning a world cup game. With the latest line at Nordicbet.com putting Canada @60-1 to win the Cup and 7-1 to win their group I suggest that all who have been known to lay a few beans on the odd game to jump on before Sunday.

The odds have dropped from 100-1 since the pounding of Mexico last week.

This match should answer some important questions regarding the status of our two top defenders Boyd and Nonen. If they are not fit we may be in trouble.

Here's my prediction for Sunday's 2:00PM kickoff which I believe is

taped delayed on Sportnet AT 5:30PM EST

Canada 4 Australia 0

quote:Originally posted by mtlfan

This match to be played at Queen's University on Sunday Sept 14 will be our teams last before they embark on their quest for what we as Canadians have never experienced. Winning a world cup game. With the latest line at Nordicbet.com putting Canada @60-1 to win the Cup and 7-1 to win their group I suggest that all who have been known to lay a few beans on the odd game to jump on before Sunday.

This match should answer some important questions regarding the status of our two top defenders Boyd and Nonen. If they are not fit we may be in trouble.

Canada 4 Australia 0

Thanks for the tip. I just put $25 USD on Canada to win it all. That'll net me a cool $1500 American if Even's girls bring home the gold!

Just another reason to cheer for the ladies :)

quote:Originally posted by mtlfan

Canada 4 Australia 0

Thanks for the tip. I just put $25 USD on Canada to win it all. That'll net me a cool $1500 American if Even's girls bring home the gold!

Just another reason to cheer for the ladies :)

I will be cautiously optimistic about this game. Canada 2 - Australia 0. This should be a very good game to see how effective Canada's all out style of play works against a full World Cup Squad. Were the Mexican results an indication of the power of the Canadian team or were they just patsies that made our team look good?

A bit off topic. Is anyone worried about the reffing for the World Cup? Considering how our team plays, and after watching the U.S. get three PK's against Mexico, what chance is there that it will play a factor in the Canadian matches?

quote:Originally posted by madhatter

I will be cautiously optimistic about this game. Canada 2 - Australia 0. This should be a very good game to see how effective Canada's all out style of play works against a full World Cup Squad. Were the Mexican results an indication of the power of the Canadian team or were they just patsies that made our team look good?

A bit off topic. Is anyone worried about the reffing for the World Cup? Considering how our team plays, and after watching the U.S. get three PK's against Mexico, what chance is there that it will play a factor in the Canadian matches?

it'll be a lot more strict at the world cup. Germany's a physical side as well so it'll be interesting to see how the reffing goes that game.

quote:Originally posted by madhatter

This is the problem with the officiating. Fifa gives special instructions to referees and assistants for the world cups. These instructions are intended to improve on past w.c. officiating and to address current trends shown by players and coaches. We as fans are not privy to Fifa's directives. So when we observe the officials officiating they make look different because they are following these instructions for the better or for the worst. In this case it is unfair to blame the referees for something, when the blame perhaps rests with Fifa.

What worries me is the selection of officials. There is a process to ensure that only experienced, qualified and fit officials are selected, but like in many things, there are political pressures and we end up with the occassional undesirable official. These are the guys or gals who cannot handle games at this level, they get manipulated by players and they end up screwing some team.

Archived