Bring Back the "Hamilton Steelers" campaign

Luis_Rancagua

According to the marketing director of the Hamilton Thunder Steve Kalotinis, he has stated to me through an E-mail that "...it's now up 2 names only: Steelers or Steelhawks..." that's if the Thunder wins a bid to play in the A-League next year. Kalotinis is presently accepting suggestions from the fans. So please E-mail Steve your vote as to whether you want the Steelers or Steelhawks. Here is Steve's E-mail: (skalotinis@hamiltonthunder.com). I've already forward Steve my vote, and it's definitely the Steelers.

Here's a novel thought that would avoid paying a lot of money for the name "Steelers" AND keep us away from that aweful "Steelhawk" moniker... call the team the "Steel". The name stands up in its own right. In popular conversation many people would change it to "Steelers", and the press and PR people could have fun with "Steeling (sic)a game" and other such references to steal.

The current trend in team names is away from suffixes; it's the Avalanche not Avalanches, the Thunder, not Thunders or Thunderers, the Storm, etc.

Long live the "Steel" !!

One more small detail... they still have to get to the A-League and while I'd love to see it I'm not betting on it. The financial history of the club the past 2 years has been VERY troubling.

The 'Steelhawks' name may have to be bought, as their was a former OHL team called the Hamilton Steelhawks. THey were the former Toronto Marlboros. The team moved or folded???? can't remember, so, i believe someone may have retained the name, as well as, the 'Steelers' name.

I would be cool with the name 'Steel' instead of 'Steelers'.

ooops! i stand correct it. The Toronto Marlboros went to Hamilton to become the 'Dukes' and the Hamilton Steelhawks were the first team to take to the ice at the Copps Coliseum when it first opened and the 'Sttelhawks' were an OHL expansion team, i think they just folded or moved to Niagara Falls to become the Thunder (oh the irony) anywyas, don't quote me, i might wrong on that note.

Archived