La Liga matches on TV?

gweston

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed on the forum, but I am wondering how I can watch La Liga matches on TV. I know last year, FOX Sports World showed the matches, but according to SoccerTV, they don't seem to be showing them this year. Does anyone know what's going on? I was really looking forward to seeing more Spanish League soccer this year.

quote:Originally posted by gweston

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed on the forum, but I am wondering how I can watch La Liga matches on TV. I know last year, FOX Sports World showed the matches, but according to SoccerTV, they don't seem to be showing them this year. Does anyone know what's going on? I was really looking forward to seeing more Spanish League soccer this year.

First of all, if ESPN cannot afford La Liga, then FSW definitely cannot afford it! Even last year FSW bought a cheap-deal: They weren't allowed to show any Barca or Real games ever! And now apparently LA Liga is asking for several times more money than they did in previous years. So nobody has bought the rights to show La Liga games in the Western Hemisphere - which means even if you have a big 21-inch grey-market satellite dish, you're screwed!

However, there might still be some hope that a deal will get worked-out in the next couple of weeks. In fact, Barca's first game was televised which got me exicited for a couple of hours until I learned that it was a one-off thing! But maybe its a sign that negotiations are still going-on. But I don't think Barca or Real games will ever be in FSW's budget!

Well, hopefully something will be worked out before too long. As long as I get to see my team (Deportivo), I'll be happy. But its too bad that the rights to Real and Barca games are too expensive. You would think Real especially would want to take advantage of Beckham-mania and increase their exposure/popularity over here. I know some people who want to watch Real now solely because Beckham is with them. Not that that is a good reason to watch La Liga, as there is a high quality throughout the league.

But its too bad that the rights to Real and Barca games are too expensive. You would think Real especially would want to take advantage of Beckham-mania and increase their exposure/popularity over here. I know some people who want to watch Real now solely because Beckham is with them. Not that that is a good reason to watch La Liga, as there is a high quality throughout the league.

Ironically, maybe it's because of Beckham-mania moving to La Liga that is making the league ask for more TV money and hence we can't watch the games. It often seems the more popular a league is, the less you are gonna see of it! I mean there are more NHL games on TV in the States than Canada and there are more NFL and Euro-soccer games on TV in Canada than in the States. How retarded is that??

From a neutral point of view, both ESPN's Barcelona/Real Madrid package and FSW's "cheap" package were useless. I want to see whatever big games are being played, regardless of who's playing them. I watched no more than three Spanish games on FSWC last season because of this and even if I had the Barcelona/Real Madrid package I would have watched only the big matches.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

From a neutral point of view, both ESPN's Barcelona/Real Madrid package and FSW's "cheap" package were useless. I want to see whatever big games are being played, regardless of who's playing them. I watched no more than three Spanish games on FSWC last season because of this and even if I had the Barcelona/Real Madrid package I would have watched only the big matches.

I think ESPN La Liga coverage last year was every La Liga fan's dream! There are so many good teams in that league that its difficult to imagine a game involving Real or Barca that isn't big or isn't entertaining! Even Mallorca-Real or Barca-Villareal are great matches, I think. Plus they also showed a 3rd game each week (sometimes tape-delayed by 2 hours) not involving Real or Barca. You add on top of that the fact that these games are in the afternoon/evening in North American timezones and that ESPN has the best soccer announcers I have ever heard and it made for great viewing!

quote:Originally posted by PaulV

On the good side, we're likely to see lots of Real Madrid on TSN's Champion's League broadcasts. They always show heaps of Spanish and Italian teams. They're showing Madrid-Marseille next week if I recall.

And this is probably unfortunate. The Milan-Ajax game played on the same day is far more intriguing!

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed on the forum, but I am wondering how I can watch La Liga matches on TV.

Good news! GolTV has just bought the rights to show La Liga!! :D You might need to buy a grey-market satellite dish or find a bar that has one, in order to see this channel??! I'm not sure. Looks like they're showing 2-3 games per week! [:P] Too bad FSW was so impatient and blew their budget on the French leauge otherwise they would probably have gotten rights to show a game or two per week as well!

Anyway, Barca-Osasuna; Athletico-Valencia;Malaga-Madrid are being shown this weekend! Awesome! [^]

Refrence:

http://www.soccertv.com/

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I live in Goderich Ontario and I have been trying to figure out a way to get Real Madrid games for SOOOO long now!! Yes I think I heard something about golTV having them now but like Francois said, i'm pretty sure the Dish network is illegal now.. don't know why.. but it pisses me off!! I've been trying to figure out a way now forever and it's so frustrating not being able to watch my favorite player Luis Figo play.

I mean, in this time of technology in the world we still can't watch a team play half way across the world?? NOT JUST ANY TEAM!! Real Madrid for gods sake which is pretty much THE team in Football.

Anyway, if anybody EVER finds a way somehow.. tell me here.. cus i'll love you forever.

What pisses me off even more right now.. TSN is showing MAN U VS. Ranger games for the EUFA matches now instead of Real Madrid games!!

WHEN THEY SHOW US MAN U GAMES 10 MILLION TIMES A YEAR ON THEIR FRIGGEN USELESS ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP COVERAGE!!

I mean.. I only get to see Real Madrid a handfull of times.. they show Man U every week.. I hate english soccer..

K.. I'm going to play some soccer now to blow off steam and to practice..

Alright, more research going into this...

GolTV seems to be THE source for Real Madrid games.. I beleive they just picked up the rights not to long ago.. leaving Fox Sports World Canada with crappy english and french games mostly .. same old..

Anyway.. GolTV seems to have em all.. plus italian and portuguese too maybe??

So regarless.. they seem to be the way to go.

small detail, you can get them normally through the DISH Network, but it's illegal here in Canada I think to get it, but the signal is still here.. so maybe you can do it grey market style..

If not that way.. then you can spend some money and go out and buy the reciever/dish/decoder... whatever you have to buy to get it on C-Ban or whatever they call it... Soccertv.com has the right coordinates to pick it up on free airwave reception using C-Ban/Ku-Ban (??not sure if that's right on spelling) and the satellite gear you picked up.

quote:Originally posted by nikeportugal

Hey everyone,

What pisses me off even more right now.. TSN is showing MAN U VS. Ranger games for the EUFA matches now instead of Real Madrid games!!

WHEN THEY SHOW US MAN U GAMES 10 MILLION TIMES A YEAR ON THEIR FRIGGEN USELESS ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP COVERAGE!!

I mean.. I only get to see Real Madrid a handfull of times.. they show Man U every week.. I hate english soccer..

K.. I'm going to play some soccer now to blow off steam and to practice..

It’s funny how you have to let off steam because you cannot see Madrid play. I find that I have to do the same thing after watching them play! They have enough talent to compete for La Liga title without having to pay-off the referees (they won their last 2 home games on goals where they were clearly offsides). That’s the good thing about English soccer – you have to win the title ON the field! Just ask Arsenal after yesterday’s game. There’s no favoritism to the "big" teams. I don’t understand how anyone can be a Real Madrid fan, but hey, I realize it takes all types of people to make the world go ‘round. However, they are NOT the team, thankyouverymuch! They’re barely even a team. And by the way, Figo doesn’t play for them anymore. I saw some guy who looks like Elvis wearing his #10 on Saturday against Racing. Perhaps he got lost on his way to Vegas. Not sure....

Sorry, just had to let out some steam! [}:)] ... Anyway, I think there’s some pub called "Eurosport Bar" in Toronto that shows La Liga?! They must have a grey-market dish. Pretty sure that they get ESPN int’l which will start doing (good English-commentary) of La Liga beginning next weekend (golTV is crappy Spanish commentary from some studio). Don’t know how far you are from Toronto though. You are not missing anything by not seeing Real Madrid games. If you just imagine a circus combined with WWF referees then you pretty much get everything that one can get out of a Madrid game! ... But you are missing a lot by not seeing Deportivo play! I can’t wait for Pandiani and Co. to slice through Madrid’s swiss-cheese defense when they meet on Dec.14th! By then Ronaldo will probably weigh another 20 pounds more too...

Well, hopefully something will be worked out before too long. As long as I get to see my team (Deportivo)

Another fan of Deportivo, thats awesome. I have been a fan my whole life and follow la liga and Deportivo every day. You should check out this site. Its pretty good, and in the downloads section you can get the highlights from the past game Deportivo played.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com

quote:But you are missing a lot by not seeing Deportivo play! I can’t wait for Pandiani and Co. to slice through Madrid’s swiss-cheese defense when they meet on Dec.14th! By then Ronaldo will probably weigh another 20 pounds more too...

hehehehehe :D

quote:Originally posted by nikeportugal

I don't understand what you are complaining about. So far this season each team has played three games in the Champions League group phase. All three Real Madrid games have been shown on Canadian television (two on TSN and one on Telelatino). Only one Manchester United game has been shown on Canadian television.

Rangers vs. Manchester United last Wednesday was the best match on paper being played that day. It was the right match for TSN to show. The second best match was Chelsea vs. Lazio. But Telelatino, broadcasting the group phase of the Champions League for the first time, did not show this one (despite their devotion to Italian soccer). Instead they showed Real Madrid vs. Partizan --- which, honestly, was the worst match on paper being played that day (even though it didn't turn out that way).

Anyway, I think you should pay attention to Telelatino's schedule because it appears that they will continue to broadcast Champions League games and I would expect them to show Real Madrid again (unfortunately, for those of us who hate Real Madrid!).

Hey it's not that weird for European players to have long hair.. lol.. I don't think Figo looks like elvis!! Hahaha!!

Had to laugh at that.. he is still my idol though, and we are doing what we can with the information I got to get the games now.

I'm not sure if I get that latino channel where I live though, I don't think so..

And I happen to think that Real Madrid is VERY exciting to watch!

Maybe you are right though, they might not be THE team... BENFICA IS!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

O.k... let the contraversy begin!!

Later!!

Archived